'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Insulating paint in new trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-06-01 7:42 AM
3 replies, 2630 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

eclipse
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2008-05-31 4:12 PM (#84946)
Subject: Insulating paint in new trailer

I finally got my new horse trailer. The dressing room has carpet and linoleum, but nothing else. I do plan on a bunkhouse conversion this next winter, but will camp with it as is for now. I know that someone on this forum used the ceramic bead insulating paint in their dressing room. I am hoping for a little advice on the actual paint. I can buy the additive and add to any paint, or buy the paint with it in it. I just don't know what actual paint to try.
The inside of the dressing room is currently painted with the epoxy enamel that was put on in the factory.
Any ideas???
http://www.hytechsales.com/buy_ceramicpaint.html
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2008-05-31 6:00 PM (#84948 - in reply to #84946)
Subject: RE: Insulating paint in new trailer

Elite Veteran

I put it in my trailer two year ago. Mine was "raw" aluminum so I washed it down really well and applied the product mixed into a bonding primer. After reading several articles on painting aluminum this seemed the best alternative for my situation. I can't speak to applying it to an epoxied surface. Mine has held up just fine, no chipping or flaking, even where the horses rub on it. Cleans up well in the horse compartment and sure made the interior brighter. I no longer have the condensation problem either. Good luck.
eclipse
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2008-05-31 6:33 PM (#84949 - in reply to #84946)

Condensation in the sleeping area is what I am trying to avoid.
I insulated the last trailer with double bubble, but now I want something that will stay there when I do the conversion, and I can panel over it.
I guess I am off to read what kinds of paint best go on epoxy. The horses will have to live with the epoxy paint, and I somehow doubt they will care!

Edited by eclipse 2008-05-31 6:37 PM
terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2008-06-01 7:42 AM (#84960 - in reply to #84946)

Elite Veteran

I only put mine in the horse compartment to try to keep it a little cooler and hopefully a little less claustrophobic. I have a mare who is less than delightful in my trailer-hates to be closed in. :

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)