'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Water Supply

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-05-26 10:14 PM
3 replies, 2975 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Kesta
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2008-05-25 10:04 AM (#84626)
Subject: Water Supply

Veteran

The weekender conversion in my trailer was done by the previous owner's husband. It is not self containted because his wife often traveled by herself and didn't want to mess with tanks. I use a port-a-potty and solar shower in the back, but I can get water at the kitchen sink. This is a direct hookup to a hose - no tank or pump - and it drains directly on the ground. I always put a bucket underneath to catch what drains out.

My problem is that I have a constant leak underneath the cabinet which I to try to catch with a container. I took it in for repairs a couple of years ago and was told there was a crack in the faucet. This was replaced, but I once again have the same problem. I'm to the point that I don't do water hookups. It's easier to buy the large containers at Wal-Mart and set on the counter than to deal with the leak, or even more annoying turning the water on/off out at the hydrant.

I'm guessing the problem really stems from too much pressure on a little, cheapie RV sink unit that can't handle it. My husband thinks it just needs sealant/or whatever is used around plubming joints. I would really like to fix this problem. Hot water would be a nice convenience to add, but don't know that I would use it that much.

Any recommendations? How often do you use your hot water, aside from showers?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2008-05-25 10:33 AM (#84627 - in reply to #84626)
Subject: RE: Water Supply

Expert

First thing is to find the leak. If it is leaking around the faucet seals, and you already said you have a new faucet, then you may need one of these....

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-pumps-water/water-pressure-regulators.htm

http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/PressureRegulators.htm

Read  THIS>>>> http://www.newrver.com/publish/freshwater.shtml

Edited by retento 2008-05-25 10:41 AM
pegasus
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2008-05-25 9:36 PM (#84650 - in reply to #84626)

Regular

hope you can locate the source of the leak. 

as for hot water uses, yes, besides showers and usual washing hands, face, dishes, utensils, etc,  I use hot water to take the chill off wet beet pulp mixture for my horse when the weather is cold.  She really loves her warm beet pulp slurpy! Also I set a bucket of drinking water in the shower at night when it's cold outside and add some hot water to it before giving it to her in the morning.  She drinks much better if the water isn't freezing cold.  Also I use some hot water to make a warm bucketful to wash her back and girth area when we get back from the ride if it's too cold to give a full rinse or bath.  Really appreciate having hot water at hand.

Happy trails.   

Kesta
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2008-05-26 10:14 PM (#84701 - in reply to #84626)

Veteran

Thanks for the input.  I was looking at things today and I'm fairly certain the leak is in the faucet as I found water stains/mold on the underneath side of the counter top.  I'm going to diassemble and inspect the faucet for cracks.  Depending on what I find, I will repair or replace.  I'm also going to purchase a pressure regulator this week.  Hopefully this will solve my leaking!

Edited by Kesta 2008-05-26 10:18 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)