'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Holding tank ...a DIY job?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-09-11 10:20 AM
3 replies, 2421 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Linda Y
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2007-09-11 8:52 AM (#67649)
Subject: Holding tank ...a DIY job?

Extreme Veteran

A couple weeks ago I posted that I have messed up the plumbing on my LQ by dropping the wheel off in a small ditch. Yesterday, I finally got up the nerve to jack up the trailer and have a look at the damage. It was worse than I thought. The dump valve plumbing had been pushed sideways, pulling it from the holding tank and cracking the actual tank. I looked up similar tanks...24 x 48 x 7...and although didn't find one that exact size, the similar ones are running around $200. That doesn't include replacing the broken pipes and possibly the dump valves. Has anyone ever done this themselves? Do I have to remove the toilet to replace the holding tank? Can the holding tank be repaired, or should I just take the thing to a pro?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
greyhorse
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2007-09-11 9:09 AM (#67651 - in reply to #67649)
Subject: RE: Holding tank ...a DIY job?

Extreme Veteran

Depending on how badly it's cracked you should be able to repair it. If you can find a place that has ag sprayers, tanks, pumps they should be able to weld it for you (yes, plastic can be welded). (I'm not talking about TSC or another chain store.) Otherwise you can try epoxy or better yet search this site and see how others have made repairs.
mike and darcy
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-09-11 9:53 AM (#67653 - in reply to #67649)

Regular

Would you like to try this? I'm sold on this product for roof seals enought that I am becoming a distributor of the product. I've not had a chance to use it on a tank but let me tell you this stuff sticks.

http://www.eternabond.com/install/tank.htm

horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2007-09-11 10:20 AM (#67655 - in reply to #67649)

Elite Veteran

Yes, the stool has to come out. Also remember there's a vent pipe somewhere that has to be changed, and it usually is hidden in a wall...... I've seen this done, its a pretty good job and not for the faint of heart. But that's what insurance is for!!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)