'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trailer Brakes Squeal

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-08-13 9:20 AM
3 replies, 3002 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

kandsfarm
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-08-12 2:12 PM (#65672)
Subject: Trailer Brakes Squeal

New User

My trailer brakes are squealing. They squeal from the time I depress the brake until I let it off. I do not have them set too tight. My hubby took it to Les Schwabs and they said it is probablly the magnets. I don't know what they did to them but they still squeal and my hubby said that it is just a little dust. None of my friends trailers squeal so I know there is more to it than that. Does anyone have any sugestions on what to do to fix this. I turn down the controler when I am driving slow and don't need it as much..... Please Help!!!

Karin

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
SLICKRNSNOT
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2007-08-12 2:18 PM (#65673 - in reply to #65672)
Subject: RE: Trailer Brakes Squeal

Elite Veteran

All my trailer brakes squeal,I clean the dust out and they will be good for a while then squeal again.I think it is the material the shoes are made of.As long as they do the job and stop the trailer I live with the squeal.I know when they are working! I have inspected them and adjusted them and still squeal, so that just tells Me it has to be the material.They did away with asbestos brakes so now the material is different and squeals louder.Piggy brakes!
whoaboy
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-08-12 5:34 PM (#65680 - in reply to #65672)

Regular

Glad you asked this, my old trailer never did this, bought a brand new one and they squeal, drives me crazy!
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-08-13 9:20 AM (#65709 - in reply to #65672)

Expert

Our dually brakes do this also.We live on a gravel road.We have to rinse them out often with water.

the dealer and brake folks both said the same thing about the materials,since they did away with asbesto liners,it is the materials they are using.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)