'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
buying new 2 horse straight load GN...who has best quality?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-08-10 11:55 AM
3 replies, 2740 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

pequine
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-08-09 6:10 PM (#65511)
Subject: buying new 2 horse straight load GN...who has best quality?

New User

Hello. I currently have a 2001 Sundowner, and I am shopping for a new 2 horse straight load goosneck in warmblood size (7'6" high), with dressing room and escape doors. I have only looked at Sundowners and Featherlites in person. Lots of the trailer companies recommended on here do not build the configuration I want. I would get a Featherlite Medalist, but none are available (that I know of), and ordering takes months...I need one sooner. I am also interested in Cimarron trailers, but there are no dealerships around here (Georgia), so I can not see one in person without driving a couple hundred miles. How do these rate compared to new Sundowners or Featherlites? Who are the best manufactures that build the configuration I am looking for? Thanks guys.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dmarr
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-08-09 7:35 PM (#65514 - in reply to #65511)
Subject: RE: buying new 2 horse straight load GN...who has best quality?

Veteran

Have you checked out Merhow? Or EquiSpirit? If I had to purchase a new gooseneck I would purchase a trailer from one of these companies.Good luck!Deirdre
dfsaz
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2007-08-10 7:48 AM (#65545 - in reply to #65511)

I recently bought a Hawk 2h straight load with DR and escape doors, warmblood size (7'8") and am very happy with it.  I have had 2 Turnbows and were also very happy with them.  The Hawk was significantly less expensive.   Risa Couch at Happy Trails Trailers in SC was the dealer.
gabz
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-08-10 11:55 AM (#65563 - in reply to #65514)

Expert

Originally written by Dmarr on 2007-08-09 8:35 PM

Have you checked out Merhow? Or EquiSpirit? If I had to purchase a new gooseneck I would purchase a trailer from one of these companies.Good luck!Deirdre

Me too!!! (Probably a HAWK instead of the E-spirit just to save a few $$$ and reduce some of the extras

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)