'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
SRW Auto to DRW Manual

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-11-12 8:26 PM
3 replies, 2781 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

rattler
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2006-11-08 2:53 PM (#51271)
Subject: SRW Auto to DRW Manual

Regular

I've been driving a F250 Powerstroke auto for nearly 10 years and got a hankering to move up to a DRW truck with a manual tranny.

I know the manual tranny topic is one of personal preference but how big a difference will I see in towing, ride, stability, with a DRW vehicle. I'm hauling around 8K lbs routinely.

Is it one of those daylight and dark differences like when I went from bumper pull to gooseneck?

My current truck is in perfectly good shape and running better than the day I bought it...but I can't shake this longing for a stick and DRW.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
RoperChick
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2006-11-08 3:13 PM (#51272 - in reply to #51271)
Subject: RE: SRW Auto to DRW Manual

Veteran

You will see a pretty significant difference.  We have the two 1 ton trucks in our signature, the SRW truck hauls fine, we never had any problems hauling with it, but the Dually is *much* more stable, especially on the highway when passing a semi or in wind.
racesarabhorses
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2006-11-12 8:10 PM (#51395 - in reply to #51271)

Veteran

Welcome to the world of safer driving.

The DRW is a big step up.  The manual transmission will be great to have and won't be nearly as expensive to maintain and repair as an automatic (speaking from experience.)

Enjoy!

chadsalt
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2006-11-12 8:26 PM (#51396 - in reply to #51271)

Expert

Originally written by rattler on 2006-11-08 3:53 PM

I've been driving a F250 Powerstroke auto for nearly 10 years and got a hankering to move up to a DRW truck with a manual tranny.

I know the manual tranny topic is one of personal preference but how big a difference will I see in towing, ride, stability, with a DRW vehicle. I'm hauling around 8K lbs routinely.

Is it one of those daylight and dark differences like when I went from bumper pull to gooseneck?

My current truck is in perfectly good shape and running better than the day I bought it...but I can't shake this longing for a stick and DRW.

since you are of the "daylight and dark differences like when I went from bumper pull to gooseneck" opinon then YOU would likely notice a difference.  in reality 2 more wheels and a stiffer spring pack dont make much difference...unless you need the axle capacity.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)