'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Hay Rack....

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-08-03 8:41 PM
3 replies, 2704 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Gaelic
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-08-02 7:38 PM (#45925)
Subject: Hay Rack....

Regular

My "new" trailer came with a hay rack on top. It has a good sized dressing room, and I only have one horse, so I'm iffy on whether I'll use it or not.

Today I power-washed and scrubbed the inside of my trailer. Learned some new things about it...added to the list of "little" repair jobs ;)

My husband noticed that the rack lays very close to the trailer roof, allowing hay and crud to collect under it. It has to be taken off to be re-painted and sandblasted anyway - I've now discovered that the around the screws that holds it on to the ribs inside is beginning to rust. Husband is questioning whether we want to put it back on at all.

I know they are a pricey add-on when you buy the trailers - so - should we leave it? I just KNOW that someday we will say "rats...we had that rack and could have used it right now" :)

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dawnya
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2006-08-02 11:01 PM (#45933 - in reply to #45925)
Subject: RE: Hay Rack....

Extreme Veteran

DANG!  Too bad you're not closer, I'd buy it from you!  (we couldn't live farther away, LOL!)
bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2006-08-03 9:39 AM (#45959 - in reply to #45925)

Extreme Veteran

If it were me I would treat the rust area, seal it up real good, and put the hay rack back on. Is there some way to raise it up alittle higher to make it easier to clean under? I don't think my hay rack will actually ever see any hay, but I think it is going to get a water tank soon.

-Betty
marn
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2006-08-03 8:41 PM (#45988 - in reply to #45925)

Regular

When I bought mine, it came with a hay rack and water tanks. I took the tanks down because I haven't needed them. I do plan on using the water tank for a cowboy shower. I used the rack one time, but since then, I have been able to put my hay int he back of the truck. It's nice to know I have it if I need it, but I rarely use it.Good luck in you decision.javascript:smilie('15','%3Cimg%20src=HTTP://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/emoticons/icon_aug7.gif%20border=0%3E');
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)