'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
electrical quiestions!!!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-07-02 3:51 PM
3 replies, 2402 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Terri
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2006-07-02 12:43 PM (#43886)
Subject: electrical quiestions!!!

Expert

I finally had an AC put in my trailer, but I want to have it wired for a few outlets too.  The RV place that put in the AC wants about $900 to install a power converter/ fuse box.  I was thinking that if I bought the fusebox and converter I could have an electrician install them, but I'm not sure what I need to buy.  I found some things on e-bay and wanted to know if they were the right things.   Oh, right now the ac has a cord on it that plugs into my generator.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&item=200002949845&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&item=250002068505&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2006-07-02 2:57 PM (#43892 - in reply to #43886)
Subject: RE: electrical quiestions!!!

Extreme Veteran

Hi Terri,

The converter your looking should work although I think they tend to be a bit noisey, so I've heard. They have both the breaker and the 12v fuse box built into them. But if you want a good fuse block then get something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Marine-Fuse-Block_W0QQitemZ320001976... which is almost identical to what I have in our trailer. Or one like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ATO-ATC-12-Circuit-Fuse-Block-with-C... with a cover.
I have never used one of those converters or actually heard one before so don't take my word on it but I don't think they are to difficult to install.
I weighed the option of putting a coverter into our trailer and choose not to. Instead I went with a solar panel, which I bought off of Ebay, and it works beautifully keeping our batteries charged. I have yet to run the batteries down but mind you it's only a 20 watt panel and all we pretty much use off the batteries are lights (some of which are LEDs) and our water pump.
So how's New Mexico? I'll be doing my first Multi day ride out a Fort Stanton next year, or so it's planned.

Edited by maccwall 2006-07-02 3:02 PM
Terri
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2006-07-02 3:09 PM (#43894 - in reply to #43892)

Expert

Thanks.  I thought the AC and all plug in appliances were supposed to run through a converter and then the converter plugged into the generator?    I have a 2.5cf frig that is running off my battery (lasts about 14hrs) and wanted to have an outlet for it.   Right now my battery's not connected to the trailer in any way, it is sitting on my tack room floor next to the frig and has a power inverter connected and frig plugged into that.    I was thinking of having a power converter to charge the battery and run the AC while it is plugged into the generator.

Right now my interior lights are connected to the aux wire comming from the truck.  I would like to have them hooked up to the battery too.  That way I can use the light without being hooked up.

I still think I just need to drive it up to you so you can do it.  Your trailer is beautiful.  Incase you haven't guessed, I'm not very "electrical" savvy.

Terri
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2006-07-02 3:51 PM (#43895 - in reply to #43892)

Expert

I forgot to answer your quiestion.  We are still in the process of moving.  We sold our house here and are supposed to close on July 13th.  I am using my horse trailer to move.  (that's how I got "permission" to get the AC and power)  Two trips down, probally 3 more to go. 

If you head up I10 there is a stretch of construction that leaves NO wiggle room.  I hit some road debree on the way south and ruined 2 new tires.  Thank God for road hazzard ins.   It only cost me $31 to replace both of them.

Know anyone looking for a ApHC gelding or filly?  I have to many to fit in the trailer in one trip.

Edited by Terri 2006-07-02 3:57 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)