'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
2002 Dodge Elec. Brake Harness??

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-06-28 8:20 AM
3 replies, 2020 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Broken Bit
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-06-27 8:52 AM (#43693)
Subject: 2002 Dodge Elec. Brake Harness??

Veteran

I'm not a Dodge man and have never had the "priveledge" of working on them, so I was hoping that some of you Dodge fans can come to my rescue... I went to put a brake controll unit in a 2002 dodge, it has, of course, the tow package and the prewired plug for the bake unit up under the dash... that's all well and fine, BUT I'm getting no power on the "brake sensor" wire when the brake pedal is applied.  I knew that they hadn't used a brake controller in this rig up to this point so we had to put a "fuse" in the distribution box for power, no big deal, but never heard of having to do anything special to get power to the sensor wire????  It does have 12V + and is grounded good, it works fine with the manual slide lever on the unit, just isn't getting the signal to work when the brake pedal is applied.

It started stormin' last night before we had a chance to start really checkin' into things, and the truck won't be back untill Thurs. now so I've got a few days to figure this out BEFORE I can get "hands on" again.  I used to work as an R.V. tech, and a Diesel Mechanic so I have a pretty good knowledge of elec. systems and things, but like I said, just not familliar with a Dodge truck so just get me pointed in the right direction and I will check them out when the rig comes back in.

Thanks for any info...

P.S.  oh yeah the owners manual is M.I.A. soooo couldn't  up on anything, grrrrrr!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
barry
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2006-06-27 3:53 PM (#43713 - in reply to #43693)
Subject: RE: 2002 Dodge Elec. Brake Harness??

Veteran

I copied this from my 02 manual (new body style 02).  I don't understand the diagram but you might.

Edited.  PDF file to big to attach.  Email me at barry@mosynthetics.com and I will send the wiring diagram to you.

Edited by barry 2006-06-27 3:55 PM
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-06-27 8:26 PM (#43719 - in reply to #43693)

Expert

FWIW I didn't have to do anything special on the Durango.
Just plugged in the little harness to the blue socket, added the brake controller and proceeded to set it up. I don't think there is a "Key switch must be in the ON position" rule for the brake controller to work.
I'd just trace it back, there are only a few possibilities; pressure switch in the hydraulics (unlikely), a tap off the stop lights switch, etc.
Broken Bit
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-06-28 8:20 AM (#43732 - in reply to #43693)

Veteran

Gotter' fellers,  Thanks Barry for the file, yup white/tan brk. lmp. sensor wire traced back to fuse #24, 15A (8W-10-30).  You are right they sure do have everything broken down in the fuse/distribution box.  I knew that my newer Ford had things fairly broke down even a seperate fuse for RH trlr. turn and LH trlr. turn, but Dodge is right there with 'em.

Thanks for your reply too, Reg.  Talk to y'all later....

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)