'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Water pump problems.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-06-13 8:33 PM
3 replies, 2367 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Tim
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2006-06-12 8:09 AM (#42888)
Subject: Water pump problems.

Regular

When I turn on my water pump it fires up and comes up to pressure like it should.  But when I turn on the water it short cycles on and off.  I also don't have any pressure in the shower.  What's the deal?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
fastguard
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-06-12 10:08 AM (#42894 - in reply to #42888)
Subject: RE: Water pump problems.

Regular

Sounds like a problem I just went through - and then the same thing happened to a friend of mine. 

We had a water leak in the shower knob unit - mine leaked out from under the hot/ cold water knobs since there was a plate between it and the all (I could see it when I was taking a shower) - and my friend's unit was leaking behind the wall and down onto the floor under her shower.  She found out when she came back to a wet floor one day. 

If that is the problem, the unit can be replaced for under $20 at Camping world. 

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunum=20023&tab=spec

Tim
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2006-06-13 8:00 AM (#42943 - in reply to #42888)

Regular

I took the shower apart cleaned it out and it now works fine.  But the pump still short cycles on and off while the water is on.  I know it should stay on while running the water.  Why is this?
Turfa
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2006-06-13 8:33 PM (#42984 - in reply to #42888)

Veteran

These pumps are set to shut off, after they reach a preset pressure.  If your flow is not great enough, it reaches pressure and shuts off then emmediatly turns back on when the pressure drops.  I solved this problem by adding a pressure tank to my system.  This allows the pump to run up pressure, shut off and the pressure tank keeps the flow going untill the pressure drops low again.  If your system has a pressure tank, it may be water logged and need to be drained to allow air (Compressible) back into the tank.  Check the tank for air leaks.  These small pressure tanks are available at the local camper supply house.  I made mine out of PVC pipe and fittings.  Take a look.  http://home.earthlink.net/~dheismann/
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)