'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Red Hill Horse Camp

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-03-31 7:13 AM
3 replies, 5959 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

horsecampr
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2011-03-30 4:16 PM (#132380)
Subject: Red Hill Horse Camp

Has anyone been there? Nice trails? Nice place?
Can you give me any details?
Thanks.
Julie
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dwight
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2011-03-31 6:33 AM (#132410 - in reply to #132380)
Subject: RE: Red Hill Horse Camp

Extreme Veteran

Red Hill...KY?

Went there a few years ago.  We had a great time.  I think I posted a review on here.  I'll try to find it.

j&j
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2011-03-31 6:56 AM (#132413 - in reply to #132380)

Veteran

We were there last fall. A great place to camp. Nice shady campsites and not right on top of one another with water and elec. Nice covered stalls. Beautiful trails that are mostly wooded and hilly. Can be rocky in parts. Although he claims there are hundreds of miles of trails, take it with a grain of salt. Probably half that. But definitely a go-back-to place. They provide a trail map. Loved it there.

Judy
Dwight
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2011-03-31 7:13 AM (#132414 - in reply to #132380)

Extreme Veteran

Well...the search will not let me go back over one year. 

Red Hill had very roomy sites with lots of shade.  When we were there, they seemed to be having some trouble with the electric.  Couldn't use the microwave without shutting off the A/C.  And the hookups were at the front of the site so we needed a long extension cord.   The barn was very nice.  There was one shower/toilet for women and one for men, but they quickly became co-ed. 

There are some long hard hills on those trails.  Horses should be well conditioned.  Shoes are a must.  We hit one hill that seemed to be straight up for half a mile and had rocks bigger than your fist to prevent erosion.  But the scenery was lovely...high overlooks, cool rock formations and peaceful creeks in the valleys.

Here is Dwight and Disco on one of the many switchbacks

Here we are under one of the rock overhangs

I took this pic because I thought the boot/birdhouse was cool.  Directly under the boot, you can see the electric box which feeds the truck and trailer in the bottom right of the pic.  Gives you and idea how far you are from the power source.

The barn

Our site

One other thing...The camp sits at the top of a big hill and the road leading up there is a real booger. 

We were ther in '07 so I'm sure some things have changed since then.  We'd love to go back but fuel prices are keeping us closer to home these days.  If you go, please take some pics to share!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)