'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Tanglewood in Bainbridge Ohio?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-03-23 8:58 PM
3 replies, 4248 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Rockin_horse72
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2011-03-21 8:48 AM (#131912)
Subject: Tanglewood in Bainbridge Ohio?

Veteran

I just heard about this place and I was wondering if anyone has been there recently? Or even a longtime ago... if so, please fill me in on if you would go back, how the trails were and the camping site? Thanks!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
honor
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2011-03-21 4:03 PM (#131932 - in reply to #131912)
Subject: RE: Tanglewood in Bainbridge Ohio?

Regular

I have been there several times and it is an all shaded campground with highlines. No stalls. Water and electric sites and very clean. Has nice and clean showerhouses and they do have a little restaurant that serves meals depending on the amount of people that come. The trails are pretty hilly but then you can do some riding down on the bottoms also. Trails are fairly well marked and it is just about all wooded riding. I definitely will go back. Your horse should be in shape as some of the climbs can be pretty long.
Rockin_horse72
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2011-03-21 8:13 PM (#131947 - in reply to #131912)

Veteran

Perfect! Thank you! This is exactly what I'm looking for. I would like to go out there this spring sometime.
rimrockranch
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2011-03-23 8:58 PM (#132032 - in reply to #131912)

We went to Tanglewood last June, and I've camped there several times. As Honor said it is a very nice campground, it's small but that just means that everything is convenient. Two negatives: it is right next to a road that is heavily used by the locals. The speed limit is 35 mph but it seems like they drive faster. Not particularly peaceful, especially on a holiday weekend. And that is the road that you must ride or walk your horse on to get to the trails. Basically, the trails are laid out along long ridges and valleys. The climbs are tough but once you make it to the top you have some long flat runs - great if you ride a gaited horse.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)