'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Horton Trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-08-24 3:47 PM
3 replies, 3079 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

sfmoqueen
Reg. Aug 2010
Posted 2010-08-23 3:15 PM (#123952)
Subject: Horton Trailer

New User

Never heard of these and a girl has a 2002 10 ft shortwall 3 horse for $29,000.  Are they good trailers?

Also how to Kiefer's line up in the trailer world.  I think it's Bloomer, 4 Star, Hart, and on down?  What's your line up fro best to worst, say the top five?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2010-08-23 4:20 PM (#123957 - in reply to #123952)
Subject: RE: Horton Trailer

Expert

Sounds alot like this one... Doesn't it??

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/home/trailerdetail.asp?ID=268380

horsecamper
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2010-08-24 11:59 AM (#123995 - in reply to #123952)

Veteran

SFmoqueen, Add Elite and Platinum to your Bloomer and 4 Star for the top of the line biggies.  Also, if you are east of the Rockies,  I wouldn't pass up a C&C, Eby, Jamco, Twister, Turnbow, or newer Cimmarron if the condition was right.  Next, west of the Rockies, Silverlite and Silverado, both very good.  In the mid range of production line trailers, Exiss Event, Featherlite, Keifer Genesis (All Aluminum), Merhow (all aluminum), Logan ( aluminum over steel), Classic, newer Sundowner (All Aluminum).  Not that they are "worst", as many people I know have them and are really pleased because they are such a bargain, Trails West (all steel).  Also, aluminum over steel Keifer, Xpress and the all aluminum Exiss Sport. I have certainly missed quite a few manufacturers here, but others will chime in. Disclosure, I have both an Elite and a Featherlite.  The structural differences are very obvious, but both trailers have served me very well and I am well pleased with both.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of the mid range all aluminum big name trailers like Sundowner, Exiss Event or Featherlite.  If buying older used, I would be cautious about buying an older aluminum over steel or a trailer or a trailer which has a non aluminum roof. Problems vary and the buyer just needs to do their homwork and proper inspection of the trailer in question.
SILVER
Reg. Feb 2010
Posted 2010-08-24 3:47 PM (#124006 - in reply to #123952)

we had a horton trailer, weekend package and really liked it. The only reason we don't have it now, is we needed something bigger to take the grandkids in with. The horton flooring for the horses was great. I wish I had that in our trailer now. Plus the horton was all finished and insulated where the horses were. It was a all steel trailer so it was heavier than the one we had now. Our potty and shower were all in one, but at least we had one. I can't really tell you though if $29,000 is too much. Our short wall wasn't near that big. But overall, we really did like the trailer. Very well made.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)