'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
used horse trailer parts - and questions

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-05-12 11:23 AM
3 replies, 4687 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Phoresic
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2010-05-11 12:32 PM (#120007)
Subject: used horse trailer parts - and questions

Extreme Veteran

I want to modify my steel trailer (Titan gn 3-horse slant) in a couple of ways.  Primarily, I would like to add a ramp.  I called the factory and I can get a new one, but I'd prefer to get a used one.

Is there any central place to search for used trailer parts?

Though it is older, this trailer has excellent factory paint.  I don't like the color of the stripes that were applied when it was new.  Is there any way to paint that striping?  Its' not in bad condition but is a little faded and it isn't my preferred color.  Will wax or polishing compound work to refurbish the color if I can't really paint over it?

Finally, what is the best product to use to remove old stickers that were placed on the paint?  Is applying heat the best way or is there a product available at auto parts stores that will be easier and more effective?

Thanks.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
loveduffy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2010-05-11 10:15 PM (#120029 - in reply to #120007)
Subject: RE: used horse trailer parts - and questions

Expert

i know that the sticker removal question has been on here so if you search you should find something as for the  use parts that is a question that has been on here were do old trailer go no body seems to know 
Phoresic
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2010-05-12 10:45 AM (#120051 - in reply to #120007)

Extreme Veteran

Thanks.  I've looked around and didn't see anything about the stickers, but I'll do a better search.

As for the used parts, it'd be great if someone had a forum or site for such used parts.  I had seen a post or two here about looking for and finding a ramp - maybe even on ebay, but that's pretty hit or miss. 

Thanks for the reply - it is a shame that there isn't a central place to look for used parts on horse trailers even for trailers being "parted out".

CTRider
Reg. Sep 2009
Posted 2010-05-12 11:23 AM (#120054 - in reply to #120007)

Extreme Veteran

Our wrecked LQ trailer went to the local insurance auction company where it was auctioned for parts. Actually the trailer could have been repaired although would of had cosmetic issues. Our insurance company preferred total it. Would of been a good buy for someone even if they just wanted to remove the LQ and reinstall in a shell. You might check local wrecking yards or insurance auction companies.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)