'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Digital TV info needed!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-07-24 6:31 AM
3 replies, 2994 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

B. Casey
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2009-07-23 7:18 PM (#108445)
Subject: Digital TV info needed!

I need to upgrade my LQ with a new TV as I dont really think I want to put a digital converter box in it. Would it be better to purchase a AC/DC digital TV or would a reg. plug in digital TV work just as well with a converter adaptor thingy. Would it draw more power or amps?? Very rare to get electric camping! And then I wonder about my present antenna, do I still use it or what?? It's the "batwing" type. And then I wonder what brand to buy. I want something of  decent quality with DVD player in it at a fair price too.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2009-07-23 11:59 PM (#108463 - in reply to #108445)
Subject: RE: Digital TV info needed!

Expert

If you get a convertor box, you now have two boxes drawing power, tow remotes to keep track of and less counter space.

If you get a digital TV, you have one box to deal with,  But Flat Screens and Plasma Screens consume more power than the old CRT tube type of TV. Expecially since prices have come down and you'd probably buy a bigger TV than your old.  A 21" flat screen vs the old 15"

Most of the time the old antennas work. At least on my home it did.  I really have no knowledge about the Bat Wings.  Google "Digital TV Antennas" and see whats for sale.

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-07-24 2:40 AM (#108468 - in reply to #108445)

Expert

Bought a Phillips rabbit ear antenna for $9.99... Made all the difference in the world on our little HD/TV. There is a difference between the old style and the new HD style rabbit ear TV antenna....

soundhorse
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2009-07-24 6:31 AM (#108472 - in reply to #108445)

Regular

There is no difference in the picture quality with the converter verses a new flat panel. However the new TV is a much cleaner solution and one less thing to deal with. The "batwing" type antenna that is made by Wynegard is superior to the round type antenna. One thing to remember, when you are over 65 miles from the transmitting tower your chances of a good signal start to degrade. There has been a few times that I have used the digital signal and never turned on the satellite, the picture quality is better that satellite.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)