'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Walk thru door

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-03-09 8:24 AM
3 replies, 3089 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Rockinghorserun
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2009-03-08 8:23 PM (#100904)
Subject: Walk thru door

Veteran

Awhile back someone asked about where to get a walk thru door.  This spring I want to install a walk thru and started looking around for doors.  I called 2 local RV dealerships and found out that both of them had replaced doors and old inventory doors.  One had trashed their doors about 3 weeks before I called.  I had a choice of 2 doors at the 2nd dealership for $50.  They usually trash the damaged doors.  The parts guy said they can't advertise them.  The door I got was new with a small dent in it that a dime would cover.  At $400 for a new one this is a steal.  Next step is marking where the door is going and getting my brother to plasma cut it. So, if anyone is looking call the RV places around.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
deranger
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2009-03-09 7:33 AM (#100916 - in reply to #100904)
Subject: RE: Walk thru door

Elite Veteran

A few years I had brain cramp and moved our old Wrangler arrow-nose without closing the enry door.  Yep, caught the bottom of the door and did a little damage.  Not enough the door didn't work, but it didn't seal and latch right.  There are a LOT of RV dealers in my area and after some parts sluthing, I found an exact replacement door for $40.00 sitting in the basement of the parts department.  I was amazed at the used parts inventory some of these dealerships have!

deranger

deranger
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2009-03-09 7:33 AM (#100917 - in reply to #100904)

Elite Veteran

A few years I had brain cramp and moved our old Wrangler arrow-nose without closing the enry door.  Yep, caught the bottom of the door and did a little damage.  Not enough the door didn't work, but it didn't seal and latch right.  There are a LOT of RV dealers in my area and after some parts sluthing, I found an exact replacement door for $40.00 sitting in the basement of the parts department.  I was amazed at the used parts inventory some of these dealerships have!

deranger

Rockinghorserun
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2009-03-09 8:24 AM (#100920 - in reply to #100916)

Veteran

At the RV dealership they have a "junk room" with all the stuff from the trade-ins and replaced parts.  They had doors, windows, a stove top, awning parts, and even a set of dinette cushions. I guess I always thought they threw away all the dishes and bath accessories that were left in the trade-ins. Of course they just boxed the stuff up and had it sitting on the floor.  I could probably go in and offer a $ amount and clean it all out for them.  They said they can legally reuse them.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)