'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
lakota trailers good or bad

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-01-18 9:30 PM
3 replies, 4017 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

linehand
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-01-18 4:17 PM (#97724)
Subject: lakota trailers good or bad

New User

looking at a lakota trailer, but I have not heard much about them.                                                         What other trailer do they compair to. How long do you think they will last                                                                                                                                 
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Ncatanz
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2009-01-18 7:56 PM (#97732 - in reply to #97724)
Subject: RE: lakota trailers good or bad

Veteran

After shopping for well over a year and several equine affairs and quarter horse congress's under my belt,  I ordered a Lakota and I'm picking it up in a week.  I first started looking at them seriously after a dealer told me how they bend over backwards to please the customers.  I consider them a higher end trailer but an excellent value for everything that is included and the overall construction of their trailers.  I'll give you first hand knowledge next week!
Jeepplr
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2009-01-18 9:16 PM (#97737 - in reply to #97724)

Veteran

My wife and I have a Lakota 4 horse with a 10 foot LQ.  I have never delt with a company that has better customer service than Lakota Trailers. 

I will go dig around and find my post about my trailer and link it, give me a few.

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/thread-view.asp?threadid=9663

Quality, I have had zero issues with Lakota quality.  The trailer is very solid and everything is still tight.  I expect to have this trailer for a number of years to come.  The LQ is now fine, the only complaint is the mattress is not thick enough but none are.   I am very happy with the trailer.  It holds plenty of fresh water, the hot water tank keeps up with both of us taking showers back to back.  The awning is easy to use and did not collapsing when a strong thunderstorm blew in without warning while I was cooking.  The couch is comfortable but a little short to use as a bed for an adult but kids will do fine.  The fridge kept food cold even when the outside air temperature is over 100.  The horse area has stayed dry through summer thrunderstorms, driving for hours in pouring rain to now sitting in the yard in the freezing rain and snow, nothing has come in.

I have pulled a number of goose neck trailers and my Lakota pulls the best of them all.  It does well in a cross wind that would have put the wedge trailer that I have pulled in the other lane.  It stops well but don't forget to adjust the brake controller after you unload.

About the only thing I don't like about the trailer is it is built backwards, the door is on the divers side, fresh water is on the pax side as are the dump valves.  I did not know this when we bought it but campgrounds are set up for everything to be the other way around.  The water thing is not that big of a deal, just run the hose under the trailer but the dump thing can be a pain, I have to go to the dump station the wrong way.  If you dry camp like we do when we get to Colorado I don't notice the difference infact it is nice we can park next to our friends and be door to door, awning to awning.  All it does is make me thing things out when parking for the night at a campground.

Edited by Jeepplr 2009-01-19 2:42 AM
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-01-18 9:30 PM (#97739 - in reply to #97724)

Expert

search, search, search...........................
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)