'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
American Fork , Utah ?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-06-21 7:01 PM
3 replies, 3356 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

huntinfool
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2008-06-20 12:55 AM (#86035)
Subject: American Fork , Utah ?

Regular

Wondering if there are any trail riders from Utah that have been riding in American Fork Canyon this year . Just curious if the trails above Tibble Fork are clear of a enough snow to start riding in the mounatins . Its been getting to hot riding in the low country , and I need a change of scenery .  
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2008-06-20 7:41 AM (#86045 - in reply to #86035)
Subject: RE: American Fork , Utah ?

Expert

They are putting on an Endurance race up at Strawberry this weekend.  We had to reroute a few of the trails to get around the last of the drifts. But it is doable. the race starts at 8200 and some places crosses ridges at 10,500.   I also notice the Back Country Horseman of Utah county is doing a trail ride this weekend over by the Strawberry Marina (kinda by it)

I would think you could ride the area in question.  You may have to skirt some snow drifts that are still in the shade or north facing. And there will be lots of wet areas especially down hill from any remaining snow drift.

Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2008-06-21 4:43 PM (#86136 - in reply to #86035)

Expert

I rode behind Farmington Peak today. Still a lot of snow at the top on the North and East faces. But we were able to get around just fine just below the highest elevations.  It's interesting that most of the animals (Deer and Elk) have not moved up in elevation yet.  I suspect with the current heat they will soon. It's just been cool enough this spring that they have not needed to climb.
huntinfool
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2008-06-21 7:01 PM (#86140 - in reply to #86035)

Regular

I ended up riding up Yellow Fork and Butterfield Canyon . I was surprised I still found a bunch of snow up on top . I think I will wait a couple of weeks before I try American Fork . Based on the rivers in Big and Little Cottonwood , I'm a tad nervous about what the river flowin in to Tibble Fork looks like .

I guess Utah will have plenty of water this year .  

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)