'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Southern Indiana--Deam Lake SRA

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-04-06 9:21 PM
3 replies, 4640 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Zipitude
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2008-03-30 11:03 PM (#80754)
Subject: Southern Indiana--Deam Lake SRA

Veteran

Has anyone been to Deam Lake SRA? I know they have installed new hitching rails and added some stalls to the campground. I drove through the park last spring when they were doing some of the work. The Indiana DNR website says there are about 100 miles of trials near there, but there are no maps to be found on the internet that I can find. Just wondering if anyone on here has been since last summer and what it was like? How is the campground now that it is finished? What are the trails like? We go to Brown Co. a lot, but are looking for new places to go for a change.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
lm3dale
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2008-03-31 5:58 AM (#80764 - in reply to #80754)
Subject: RE: Southern Indiana--Deam Lake SRA

Regular

The last time I went through there to see their progess,  the still did not have all the hitching rails done or the stalls started...but that was at the end of the season last year....I think.....I was also wondering what progess they have made because we want to camp there in June.....

Zipitude
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2008-04-06 5:41 PM (#81333 - in reply to #80754)

Veteran

We stopped by the Indiana Trail Riders Assn. booth at the Hoosier Horse Fair this weekend to renew our membership. They had some new information about Deam Lake and new trail maps for the area. The upgrades to the campground are not yet complete, but work is progressing. The new stalls are not done yet, but the pictures of whst is done so far looks great. Can't wait to get down there and check it all out first hand.
TPompei
Reg. Jan 2011
Posted 2008-04-06 9:21 PM (#81348 - in reply to #80754)

I rode there last season, at the beginning of summer, I recall. A lot of work was being done on the trails...lots of gravel. The campground had nice bathroom/showers. Some of the campsites were small, and some were not level. Other than that, I thought it was a great place and will gladly return. There were hitch posts for the horses.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)