'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Lazy Gait Horse Camp in Kentucky

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-10-06 5:43 PM
3 replies, 4647 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Niteza
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2007-10-03 7:36 PM (#68793)
Subject: Lazy Gait Horse Camp in Kentucky

New User

I have reservations at Lazy Gait Horse Camp near Carter Cave, Kentucky, in two weeks. The owner suggested that I call when we are close to the camp so that she can make sure that no rigs are headed out while we are headed in. The road to camp must be really narrow. Has anyone been to Lazy Gait? I am interested in any information about the camp, the trails, and the road into camp.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
j&j
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2007-10-05 8:05 AM (#68859 - in reply to #68793)
Subject: RE: Lazy Gait Horse Camp in Kentucky

Veteran

We were there in the spring. It is a new camp and the owners are working very hard to get it right. The stalls are nice and big and in old tobacco barns. Not an exceptional campground, sites are close together, but they have miraculously carved level sites out of the hillside. Some shady spots. Water at the barns but not potable. Elec. at every site. The road in is paved, one lane wide, no pulloffs to let anyone pass. Not a problem getting a long trailer in. The entrance to the road looks like someone's driveway, don't be fooled.

The trails are really nice and the map is accurate. Lots of hills and mostly wooded trails. They were adding more trails all the time.

You should enjoy it!

j&j
Timer2
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2007-10-05 10:05 PM (#68892 - in reply to #68793)

I was told by a lady in Murray, KY to never ever stall a horse in a tobacco barn.  Said it is toxic to the horses.  We were looking to buy and I had found several places with old tobacco barns.  I had mentioned this to her and she said that was not a good thing.  I would be leary of using their stalls.

HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2007-10-06 5:43 PM (#68905 - in reply to #68793)

Expert

I have had horses in stalls with tobacco hanging above them for years and no problems, maybe they are used to it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)