'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Charger Converter Question

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-09-02 9:23 AM
3 replies, 3336 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

trailridngal
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2007-09-01 12:18 PM (#66999)
Subject: Charger Converter Question

Regular

I would like to add a charger to my unit. Something to charge my deep cycle batteries while the truck is running..or by plugging in other than using an automotive type charger. My previous trailer included all the bells and whistles, my newer trailer does not. It has a 30 amp box, and is also hooked up to two deep cell batteries..but as far as I understand they won't be charging when I am hooked into my truck. Hope this makes sense. I am trying to educate myself as to what I need and how to install.. Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
mike and darcy
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-09-01 4:17 PM (#67005 - in reply to #66999)
Subject: RE: Charger Converter Question

Regular

I to am getting ready to convert a dressing room into LQ. My idea is to keep the running lights seperate from the living quarter system so I really do not care about charging off of the trucks charging sysrem and I will be instaling a converter / charger, breaker box, the whole 9 yards.

My question to the listeners, can anyone recomend a good book for me to read and get ideas from on installing an electrical system in an RV.

thanks

Mike

Turfa
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2007-09-02 9:23 AM (#67017 - in reply to #66999)

Veteran

If you are on the road for a few days, you may want to have the battery charged as you drive.  My Ford has a power line in the plug and a relay to cut the power off after the ignition is shut down.  This allows me to recharge the on the run and it is not connected to the running lights.

The installation of converters is fairly simple.  Attached are two links to the manufactures installation instructions.  I hope this helps.

http://www.progressivedyn.com/./converter_install.html

www.iotaengineering.com/pplib/dlsmanl.pdf

Turfa

Turfa
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2007-09-02 9:23 AM (#67018 - in reply to #66999)

Veteran

If you are on the road for a few days, you may want to have the battery charged as you drive.  My Ford has a power line in the plug and a relay to cut the power off after the ignition is shut down.  This allows me to recharge the on the run and it is not connected to the running lights.

The installation of converters is fairly simple.  Attached are two links to the manufactures installation instructions.  I hope this helps.

http://www.progressivedyn.com/./converter_install.html

www.iotaengineering.com/pplib/dlsmanl.pdf

Turfa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'