'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Scams

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-02-20 6:24 PM
3 replies, 2966 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Terri
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2007-02-20 11:19 AM (#55910)
Subject: Scams

Expert

Do people really fall for this kind of stuff?  I've been sick for the last 3 days and was laughing so hard I ended in a coughing fit that scared my husband.  How stupid do these people think we are?

Hello
My name is EDDY, i was going through the ad listed on www.spotsforsale.com
and i saw your advert for the sale of  Filly Horse. I 'll like to know if you still have it intact for sale just as the description on the ad stated it, also i will like to know your last asking price and anything new on it, any new pics will do too if you have one.
My means of payment will be through a certified cashiers check, the payment will get to you through my client, it is going to be an over-payment for the item and the shipping. All you need to do when  you get the check is to deposit it in your bank and wait for it to clear with them before you can take your payment for the item out of it and send the balance to my frieght agent so he casn come for the pickup.I believe we need not waste time on this going by how urgrent i'll be needing the horse,  so i suggest you get back to me pretty soon even with your information to prompt the mailing and writing of the check.
FULL NAME........
CONTACT ADDRESS....
PHONE NUMBERS.....
I await your response soon, thanks.

EDDY

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2007-02-20 2:30 PM (#55923 - in reply to #55910)
Subject: RE: Scams

Elite Veteran

I wonder that too. I was selling a young green broke filly for $1200. I had a scammer try to get me to ship the filly to Australia after I cashed his check for $20,000 and give him the remaining balance. I'm sure he could have found a green broke filly in Australia or where ever he was from for my asking price. There was nothing spectacular about her breeding... just a nice all around horse. I'm so tired of these scammers that I am just about ready to go back to doing business the old fashioned way... newspapers, local trade papers, and flyers at the feed stores.
horsecrazi
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2007-02-20 5:41 PM (#55930 - in reply to #55910)

Veteran

Yes I had this happen to me on dreamhorse.com I had a mare for sale for $10,000 and they wanted me to give the same info,they spelled things very much the same.Like their I's all in lower case.They said don't worry about shipping that it will be arranged.They wanted to ship her to Europe site unseen.

HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2007-02-20 6:24 PM (#55931 - in reply to #55910)

Expert

You know, we think they are dumb, but if it only works 1 out of a hundred times. They are pretty smart. If it wasn't working any more, they would stop.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)