'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Delivery Dates For the New Fords and GMC's

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-02-20 12:18 PM
3 replies, 2573 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

TexCav
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2007-02-19 4:48 PM (#55858)
Subject: Delivery Dates For the New Fords and GMC's

New User

Does anyone know when the new HD/SD trucks will start showing up in the showrooms?

Thanks,

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
robdnorm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2007-02-19 6:21 PM (#55866 - in reply to #55858)
Subject: RE: Delivery Dates For the New Fords and GMC's

Extreme Veteran

The first round of new Fords are already hitting the showrooms.  You can get onto Ebay Motors and see dealers that already have them for sale.
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2007-02-19 7:14 PM (#55871 - in reply to #55858)

Expert

I've see them at several dealers and on the transport trucks.  They don't last long when they get unloaded. I suspect most of those arriving are pre-ordered, not for dealer inventory.
MrTruck
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-02-20 12:18 PM (#55918 - in reply to #55858)

Elite Veteran

There are 08 Fords at dealerships now. GM real 07 (not classic) will be at dealerships within 2 weeks, with crew cabs later in March. Dodges with the 6.7L came out the end of December.

I towed trailers last week in San Diego with the new GMT-900 07 GM HD2500/3500 that have the next generation LMM Duramax. GM changed the least engine wise of the big three with the most horsepower and torque.

This is a big truck news year. With the changes in the emission laws that went into effect last month, we'll all watching to see how sales will take off. This time around you want to me cautious about the new trucks. It's always good advice not to buy the first year of a major change. The diesel option went up over $1500. Look at the window sticker, you'll see anywhere from $6800 to over $7100 for the diesel engine option.

With the new ultra low sulfur diesels, Ford 6.4L, Dodge 6.7L and GM 6.6L LMM you have to use the ultra low diesel, you also have to use the new CJ4 low ash oil (more expensive) and you have a particulate cleaner that gets to 1100 degrees F when it's regenerating. If you remember when catalyitc converters first came out, we had alot of wheat field and grass fires.

Look at the tailpipe on these new diesels, the GM looks like a propane weed burner, but is designed for cooling. Truck manufactures didn't have a choice on the changes they had to make to their trucks, you do have a choice hopefully and can wait to see how they do in the real world.

With semi trucks, many fleets are rebuilding their trucks and not updating for the new emission 07 models. It will all straighten out. But when in Pomona CA a couple weeks ago, I found some gas stations that didn't have the new diesel yet.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)