'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Storage in Stock trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-07-12 1:19 PM
3 replies, 3796 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

mi rider
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2006-07-11 8:05 AM (#44408)
Subject: Storage in Stock trailers

We are thinking of going to a 4-horse stock trailer,with under manger tack.And we are relizing that there isn't much room for alot of tack let along everything we want to bring.Any storage ideas for these.We are thinking of possibly getting one of those water saddle racks,but just curious if anyone elese has one and how you store things in it.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
rkranchgirl
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2006-07-11 10:56 AM (#44424 - in reply to #44408)
Subject: RE: Storage in Stock trailers

Regular

Hi, I had a 4 horse stock combo and absolutley LOVED it!!  I too had the under manger storage and I put up the collapsable saddle racks.  I had to drill through to the horse compartment, but I bought some pads from a catalog and just covered the bolt heads with that so the horses wouldn't hurt themselves.  That way, I could carry 2-3 saddles when needed and when I didn't there wasn't anything in my way.  Of course, it did keep me limber to get the last saddle out.....did I mention it was a trailer from my younger days??!!

This trailer was a bumper pull, so what didn't fit in the trailer part usually ended up in the truck bed.  I think even with camping all that ended up in the truck was hay and coolers.

Z71
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2006-07-11 6:52 PM (#44451 - in reply to #44408)

Veteran

I used to have a 4 horse bumper pull stock trailer with the tack compartment under the front mangers.  It came with a pull out saddle rack, and it only took one trip to pull that thing out.  It took up so much room you could only get 2 saddles in it and I needed room for 4.  I think you would find that with the water tank in the tack compartment also.  This trailer was also in my younger days. I would hate to go back to it, because it always seemed what I needed would be clear in the back and then I can't begin to number the times I hit my head on the door trying to reach in and get things out, it would of been nice if it would of had a door on both sides.
bechack
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-07-12 1:19 PM (#44488 - in reply to #44408)

Veteran

Had a 4 horse stock with NO TACK storage at all. I would put one horse in the front and one in the back if I was only hauling 2 horses. Now have a 3H slant with tack room. So nice to get the saddles out of the back seat of the dually! That is where I usually put mine. In the front end of the trailer I had a 55 gallon drum with water. I would put a bale or two of hay on either side of that vertically. Buckets and grain all went there stuffed in so the horse(s) in front couldn't get in to them. I have successfully put whole bales in front of the horses, on edge. I have a tack trunk that fit in thru the camper door with all of the little stuff. Portable bridle rack hung inside the camper until we got to camp or in the trunk, then I hung it up inside the trailer. I have camped up to a week this way. New trailer makes it much more enjoyable.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)