'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
1993 Sundowner--opinions?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-07-08 6:47 AM
3 replies, 3998 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

TBKate
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2006-07-07 5:23 PM (#44235)
Subject: 1993 Sundowner--opinions?

Hi all-
Having just sold a trailer that was drastically wrong for me, I'm now delicately stepping back into the trailer shopping whirlpool. 9 This will be the first rig that's "all my very own". I've found a 1993 2H Sundowner GN, steel, that I like the looks of from the pictures. It's in my price range, has a solid floor and very little rust according to the owner, and no needed repairs right now (again, per owner.) Problem is, it's a good haul away and I'd need to be pretty certain I was buying it, pending mechanic's inspection, before I went to see it. I know people have varying opinions of each brand, but anybody have good or bad experiences with this "era" of Sundowner trailers? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

ps. To answer the truck question, I'll be buying a trailer, using my dad's truck to pick it up, and then buying a truck in order to make sure that I'm not undertrucked; I"m going to buy a truck to fit the trailer I get.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
iCE CRM
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-07-07 5:55 PM (#44237 - in reply to #44235)
Subject: RE: 1993 Sundowner--opinions?

Extreme Veteran

According to some Sundowner dealers those old steel Sundowners were real good trailers. I put LQ in one for a friend of mine and it seemed real solid and you still see some of them around that is a good sign.

candicelabs
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2006-07-07 7:02 PM (#44241 - in reply to #44235)

New User

I hada 1995 Sundowner 2H slant load that was wonderful. It was so good that right after I bought it (one month) it was stolen! Very good trailer, pulled great, held up great and I wish I could find it. Good luck
Paints
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-07-08 6:47 AM (#44255 - in reply to #44235)

Veteran

We never had a steel Sundowner but own a 1999 Sund.Siesta(lqs) which looks like new still with like up keep.Also traded in 1973 Miley on 2006 Sundowner Stampede 2 horse this spring.So as you see we are really pleased with Sundowner trailers.They loose little value if taken good care of an you can always find deals online or look around.The 2 horse we bought at HHF in Ind.at barely over price of steel trailers.It is alum too with steel frame.Happy hunting for trailer.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)