'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Light grey touch up paint for Hawk interior?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2012-06-04 7:52 PM
3 replies, 4491 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

eventergirl
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2012-06-02 11:20 AM (#144434)
Subject: Light grey touch up paint for Hawk interior?

I have a Hawk trailer that is in great condition but has a few places on the inside that could use a little touching up from teeth/hooves etc. It is the pale grey color. Does anyone know if this is something that I can buy somewhere? I would love to keep it looking new!Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
lesliemal
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2012-06-02 1:01 PM (#144435 - in reply to #144434)
Subject: RE: Light grey touch up paint for Hawk interior?

Extreme Veteran

I have used regular auto touch up paint on a couple of trailers with success. You can pick it up at any auto parts store or even WalMart.
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2012-06-02 1:48 PM (#144439 - in reply to #144434)

Expert

Duplicolor has many rattle cans of varying shades of grey. As was stated, they are available in most auto parts stores.

Most big box and hardware stores also sell many brands of paint, in grey colours. It may take a bit of trial and error to find an exact match. If the cap colour matches your trailer, you may be all set.

Spot touch ups invariably do not exactly match, and often end up looking like a touch up. If possible, paint a panel, tape a break line, or form a space that look likes it belongs. It will be better looking than a spotted attempt.

kichiri_kachiri
Reg. Jul 2011
Posted 2012-06-04 7:52 PM (#144529 - in reply to #144434)

New User

I'm actually about to start repainting part of my interior (also a Hawk). Currently planning on unscrewing one of the locking mechanism covers on the doors above the ramp and bringing it in (to Home Depot or Lowes) to get it color-matched. Even if it isn't perfect, it'll be close. Getting a "high gloss enamel". I think the kind I was looking at the other day was valspar. The way my dad explained it to me, I wouldn't need to put anything like rustoleum (on rust spots) since oxygen can't get to it. But I am sanding down everything that I'm painting- both rust spots and non (as in the entire door). I would recommend doing the same. If I get the paint soon, I'll try to post specifics.

Edited by kichiri_kachiri 2012-06-04 7:54 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)