'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
KC Ranch Alabama

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-03-04 6:55 PM
3 replies, 5008 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

CTRider
Reg. Sep 2009
Posted 2011-03-03 2:55 PM (#131095)
Subject: KC Ranch Alabama

Extreme Veteran

Has anyone trail ridden in Alabama? Specifically the KC Ranch in Double Springs?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Kwarren
Reg. Jan 2011
Posted 2011-03-03 7:45 PM (#131114 - in reply to #131095)
Subject: RE: KC Ranch Alabama

I have ridden at KC ranch once . They have a nice dining room and bath house. Some of the trails are rocky horses have to be shod all four. Lot of hills,creeks and caves along trails very pretty scenery. We also like seven springs lodge near Tuscumbia AL.
walkin
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2011-03-04 6:06 PM (#131180 - in reply to #131095)

Elite Veteran

I would go to Natchez Trace before KC.  Many more miles of trail at NT.  You can ride all the trails at KC in 2 days.
randemtam
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2011-03-04 6:55 PM (#131183 - in reply to #131095)

Extreme Veteran

I have also ridden at KC and at Seven Springs. KC is a nice campground but the stalls can get wet and take a while to dry. The trails go from very pretty and scenic to areas stewn with trash. They are private trails and are not kept like a public trail system is. If you do go there, I would recommend a trip over to the Bankhead Forest which is only a 15 minute drive. You can easily get your big trailer around at the Pine Torch Trail Head.  I would recommend shoes as well.

Seven Springs has some beautiful trails but, again, private trails and some just go right up or down the side of hills. When they put a sign up that says 'experienced riders only' it's probably down right dangerous. Not all of the trails are that way but pick and choose carefully. Your horse should be fit to ride there. The barns there are just panels under a cover for the most part which was fine. There are no trees in the camping area which wasn't a problem for us as it was Feb. when we were there. Nice folks at both places though and we did enjoy ourselves. At KC the camp sits up on top of a hill. We had some weather come through (Feb again) and sat in the trailer while 50mph winds rocked it....We survived though!  :)

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)