'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Gloss Mountain Outfitters

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-02-10 3:21 PM
3 replies, 3676 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

jacque
Reg. Feb 2011
Posted 2011-02-08 2:16 PM (#129935)
Subject: Gloss Mountain Outfitters

New User

Am new to Horse Trailer World - saw an old post that referred to the rules at Gloss Mtn Outfitters. As I am owner would like to clarify (lol) When you are riding your own horse I need, negative coggins and  waiver of liability to sign. I will give you a map. I will ride with you for a short time only if you want me to. We have added group packages as our cabin is now finished.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
bloodtrail
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2011-02-09 2:38 PM (#130006 - in reply to #129935)
Subject: RE: Gloss Mountain Outfitters

Regular

Now thats some good news, appreciate the clarification for those that would like to bring our mules and ride on our own. Not that we don't enjoy riding with a group now and then, but most of the time it is just my husband and I. We like the chance to see wildlife not being spooked before we even see anything. Map, gps and compass is we need. Just might rethink a trip out your way sometime as photos the last time I visited your website (been a long time ago) showed some beautiful country.
Mary B. in Texas
CTRider
Reg. Sep 2009
Posted 2011-02-10 1:04 PM (#130079 - in reply to #129935)

Extreme Veteran

Thank your for responding Jacque. I posted to see if anyone had actually ridden there. We are highly experienced riders and trail riders and really would love to visit your area and see the sights but were a bit put off by some of the "rules". We dont need or want a guide, just a map and my GPS. Also the rule about saddle packs and "flapping" things. We do competitive trail, lots of miles, and our horses are accustomed to saddle packs, rain gear, and flapping maps in plastic sheets snapped to the saddle rings. I was assuming your rules meant people renting your horses, but wasnt sure. I guess this could of went private but there may be others that want to camp and ride at your place and would like the same info. Thank you very much.
jacque
Reg. Feb 2011
Posted 2011-02-10 3:21 PM (#130085 - in reply to #129935)

New User

Thanks for your responses. Of course, I think the riding is great - May and June, maybe into the first week of July are really good and Sept. through Nov are really good also. Usually hot in July and August, but I will open up the gate anytime.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)