'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Generator on roof question

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-05-18 8:00 PM
3 replies, 2977 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Pokie
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2010-05-18 7:34 AM (#120303)
Subject: Generator on roof question

Official BHW Doctor (pm for appointment)

I'm moving my generator to a generator platform on top of the trailer.  The platform has a solid diamond plate floor on it.  I ordered it from Sundowner and was thinking that the floor of the platform would be just bars like a hayrack or maybe even wire mesh, but it's not.  It's completely solid diamond plate.  I'm worried about heat build-up between the generator and the solid diamond plate floor.  Should I cut a big hole in the platform floor under the muffler of the generator to allow heat to get away?  Anybody that has their generator on the roof of their trailer, can you tell me how your's is set up?  By the way, my generator is an Onan Microquiet 4000. 
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
RTSmith
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2010-05-18 9:13 AM (#120305 - in reply to #120303)
Subject: RE: Generator on roof question

Elite Veteran

Pokie, if I'm not mistaken, your generator install packet would have contained a template for the floor. It will allow for several holes for air intake, exhaust pipe, air exhaust, oil drain, etc. If for some reason you don't have it, I would suspicion your Onan dealer could get one for you. By the way- the last one I saw was life size, so it won't fax. But yes- by the time you get through cutting it, it'll look like Swiss cheese.
Pokie
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2010-05-18 9:22 AM (#120308 - in reply to #120303)

Official BHW Doctor (pm for appointment)

Thanks! Ya, I thought that would be the case. Also, wondering about mounting it on rubber bumpers (for lack of a better word) to reduce vibrations and noise. What do ya'll think about that?
califhorseman
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2010-05-18 8:00 PM (#120327 - in reply to #120303)

Regular

yes you need the shock mounts. They decrease the noise that will travel through the trailer. I use these on many projects
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)