'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Cato Horse Trailers?? - Does anyone know about them?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-05-12 3:54 PM
3 replies, 7243 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

kim huck
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2010-05-11 8:00 PM (#120026)
Subject: Cato Horse Trailers?? - Does anyone know about them?

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me about the company, the quality of the trailers, etc.  Do the trailers hold their value?

Thanks so much.

Kim

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2010-05-11 8:54 PM (#120027 - in reply to #120026)
Subject: RE: Cato Horse Trailers?? - Does anyone know about them?

Expert

A friend of mine had to reposses a CATO trailer a year ago. It was 1996 5 horse trailer. He called me up and asked me to pick it up and tow it over to his place.

A big heavy trailer.

I was surprised to see it had E rated tires on it and 6000lbs axles for how heavy it was.

What I found out, is that CATO was built in Florida.  The company is out of business.

You will have a better idea of the resale value. They are virtually an unknown make of trailers out here in the west.

Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2010-05-12 8:53 AM (#120040 - in reply to #120026)

Elite Veteran

I've seen quite a few and friends have had them, but I've never really examined them.  However, they appear to be a good quality well made aluminum trailer.  They made 2H BP to GN LQ trailers and were very good about doing custom orders.

I just did a search and 10 came up that you could compare shop.

Edited by Dunoir 2010-05-12 8:56 AM
randemtam
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2010-05-12 3:54 PM (#120071 - in reply to #120040)

Extreme Veteran

I have a 2000 Cato Classic. It's a 28' 4H w/ LQ. I had it custom built. I love my trailer. It is well made and I have toted it all up and down the East coast over the years. I also know someone who recently bought a 90's model, stripped the LQ and redid it. She is very happy with her trailer. I know of another person that owns a two horse and has been very happy with his trailer as well. It seems that the overall reputation is good, at least in Fl. I occasionally hear they did some wierd things but I don't know for sure. The man who owned the business was big into QH's and when browsing a QH show several years ago there were several huge Cato Classics there. I'm planning on selling mine in a year but almost hate to part with it. I am only going to sell it because my needs/wants have changed not because my trailer is bad. If I could modify it, I would just keep it. It's like any other trailer, look it over carefully and if it's in good condition and what you want, it will last you a long time. Ours has.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)