'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Pomme De Ridge

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-05-07 8:23 AM
3 replies, 6033 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2010-04-01 4:13 PM (#118341)
Subject: Pomme De Ridge

Elite Veteran

Has anyone been to Pomme de Ridge horse camp in Bolivar, MO? What are the trails like - hilly, rocky, muddy,? And how are the campground amenities? I have a LQ so need to know about the sites - level or do I need to use level blocks?

Never been here and looking for a new adventure without riding in too extreme of an area on my unconditioned horse. I need to slowly build up to Big Creek type hills and was hoping that Pomme de Ridge trail terrain was similar to Eagle Ranch.

Thanks,

Tammy

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
brendaclemens
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2010-04-01 7:34 PM (#118348 - in reply to #118341)
Subject: RE: Pomme De Ridge

Regular

I'm glad you asked as I was wondering the same. Website looks really nice.
TwoBucksRanch
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2010-04-05 7:57 PM (#118486 - in reply to #118341)

We have camped at Pomme de Ridge several times and love it!  The campsites are really nice, a good distance apart and set back in the trees for lots of shade.  There are two pens per site and also room for picket lines.  The pens are roomy and right at the site so it is easy to feed and keep an eye on the horses.  It is set up so it is easy to water too.  There isn't a bad spot in the camp, and we saw several very long trailers and they didn't have any trouble getting into the sites.  The sites look level to me but then I don't have to worry about levelers with my tiny trailer.

The shower was wonderful.  There is only one but it is very clean and modern with lots of hot water.  There wasn't a flush toilet when we were there last year, but it didn't matter to me since I have my own potty in my trailer.  They did have one of those portable toilet things.    

The trails are not difficult but they are FUN.  Last spring/summer was really wet but the trails were still good.  Not as rocky as Eagle Ranch.  The trails are maintained well, the footing is good, and the scenery is beautiful.  Good for a novice horse or for conditioning, as the footing is good enough for a nice long trot or gait.  There are some hills and water crossings but nothing too difficult. 

If you look for the trail map for Pomme de Terre lake you will find the horse trail map.  I like the fact that it is impossible to get lost. 

Sharon and her husband are excellent hosts! I highly recommend it.     

brendaclemens
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2010-05-07 8:23 AM (#119837 - in reply to #118341)

Regular

Ditto on the fun trails. Beautifully maintained (even mowed on the sides in some spots!) Sharon is VERY nice & is constantly thinking to improve her new camp. I really liked the way they set up the drive and turn around as you can drive in ...park, change your mind, turn around...lol I like to use a high-line and the camp with the large well spaced trees was perfect for that. The pens were good and safe if you wanted to use them as well.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)