'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Small Gooseneck Trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-03-17 8:53 AM
3 replies, 4081 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Rapaloosa
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2010-03-17 1:21 AM (#117710)
Subject: Small Gooseneck Trailers

What horse trailer brands manufacture a small gooseneck trailer with a bed in the goose? I really want just a small, stock type trailer, preferably with a walk through from front to back but since I travel with one horse and am not skilled at maneuvering a big trailer, I want the smallest one I can find that I can still sleep in. Suggestions?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2010-03-17 4:44 AM (#117711 - in reply to #117710)
Subject: RE: Small Gooseneck Trailers

Expert

Alot of mfg's build a "stock combo" gooseneck trailer..... Check out the search feature on HTW, look under size and click on stock/combo. As of 5:43 this morning there were 398 gooseneck stock combo trailers listed on HTW.

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/home/searchtrailers.asp

jakey1
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2010-03-17 8:50 AM (#117717 - in reply to #117710)

Extreme Veteran

I have a Silver Star, but they are no longer manufactured - too bad, because it is a great trailer, but I have seen many others that have two stalls and a small dressing room so you can add a mattress in the gooseneck and sleep in.  I would suggest you look for a 2 horse slant load with the pass through door.  An escape door in the forward stall will make this first stall accessible for you from the outside.  You can use the first stall for storage and as a "mud room" so you don't have to walk directly into the Dressing room.  It also makes a good bathroom once you have reached your destination.  I have a tack compartment in the rear of the trailer.  This trailer has 40/60 doors in the rear.  I can store all my gear, saddles, etc. in this area and still have a reasonable sized opening so my horse can get in and out without having to open both doors.  My horse is a 16.2 hand QH gelding and rides better in the rear stall.  There's a little more room in that stall.  I very rarely carry two horses, so this configuration works great for me.  It also allows me to two with a 1/2 ton GMS Sierra P/U, rather than a big gas guzzler.  My DR door is on the driver's side.  I looked a long time for the right configuration, and this one has been very satisfactory for me.  Hubby and I finished up the DR about two years ago so I can have electric and nice cabinetry, etc.  This is an all aluminum trailer.
jakey1
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2010-03-17 8:53 AM (#117718 - in reply to #117710)

Extreme Veteran

OOps.. I meant tow with a 1/2 ton, not "two".  And one other thing, look for a "stallion" partition between the two stalls.  A stallion divider goes all the way to the floor.  This will allow you to store stuff in the first stall when you are under way.  If you can't get one, look on this site for posts that explain how to convert a divider to full length.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)