'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Anyone own an Adam trailer - pro's/con's? Considering purchasing one.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-02-11 5:09 AM
3 replies, 2734 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

SPatton1982
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2010-02-09 4:06 PM (#116325)
Subject: Anyone own an Adam trailer - pro's/con's? Considering purchasing one.

Am  considering purchasing a used Adam 2H LQ trailer.  Do not know anyone who has owned one.  Would like someone to share their likes/dislikes or experiences w/this brand.   Thanks!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
pinkmouse
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2010-02-09 4:32 PM (#116329 - in reply to #116325)
Subject: RE: Anyone own an Adam trailer - pro's/con's? Considering purchasing one.

Veteran

I own a 2005 3H SL.  The trailer is adequate, but they don't use the best materials. The latches that hold the dividers  open were flimsy and had to be replaced almost immediately and the welding quality is poor.  I had to sand down a couple of sharp edges and one of the running boards recently had to be rewelded because of the poor weld. 

I also do not like the pin design they chose to use to secure the dividers once a horse is in.  I tried to contact the nearest sales office (several times) to have WERM installed, but they never bothered to get back with me. 

The inside ties are very difficult to use because they are a simple bent wire welded on which pinches any rope/strap from a haybag that you would tie to it making it difficult to dislodge.  The window on the DR door slid down into the door pouch and when we took it apart we found that only a couple of cheap plastic clips were holding it up and they had broken.  The fit of the doors is not the best. 

I bought the trailer used, but these are not issues associated with use.  I am currently in the market for another trailer.

pupsnponies
Reg. Mar 2009
Posted 2010-02-10 9:12 PM (#116397 - in reply to #116325)
Subject: RE: Anyone own an Adam trailer - pro's/con's? Considering purchasing one.

Hi,

we bought a new 2008 model 3H LQ Excursion last summer. We love it! Horses love it, but it took one a few times to get used to the sliding divider length. Minor complaints are that the door hardware in the sliding bathroom door is flimsy (already had it replaced as it broke, but no problem w/ replacement), and compared to the SilverStar Supreme previously owned, the floor mats in the horse are are thinner.. adequate but but they tend to curl a bit in certain weather. For me, the pins in the horse dividers were actually easier to use than others I've dealt with. I'm not convinced yet about durability of the plastic latches although so far, no problems. My dealer has been exceptional! So far - one summer's use - I think it's a great value for the money we spent.

Mj (central NY)
pinkmouse
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2010-02-11 5:09 AM (#116411 - in reply to #116325)

Veteran

I agree that the pin design is easy to use, but the problem with the design is that if you have a horse lean on it or fall against it, the pin bends making it difficult to slide in and out.  Repairing it is not easy.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)