'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Shadow trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-11-09 8:07 PM
3 replies, 3387 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Idle spurs
Reg. Nov 2009
Posted 2009-11-09 1:24 PM (#112941)
Subject: Shadow trailers

New User

I tried the search and couldn't find anything on Shadow trailers, so has anyone seen them or does anyone own one that can tell me something about them?  I live in S Texas and I dont think there is a dealer close to me. thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2009-11-09 2:26 PM (#112944 - in reply to #112941)
Subject: RE: Shadow trailers

Elite Veteran

Actually there have been several threads in the past year or so as I have responded to them.  Here goes again

I have an '03 2H GN Shadow with a weekend package LQ and am very happy with it.  They aren't the top of the line trailer, but rather a decently made all aluminum affordable trailer.  I bought mine used and did need to get the roof recaulked last fall.  I camp fairly often, around 12-14 times a season and I use it for day rides year round.  It's needed the usual maintenance - wheel bearings, spray hinges, replaced the tubing around the LQ & pass through door, and it needed new brakes last fall as well. I had it pressure cleaned at the same time and it looked brand new. 

I really like the door locks as I can completely lock the whole trailer, the door hinges are the same ones on Hart trailers,and it stays fairly cool in hot humid South Fla.  It handles easily and I pull it with a Dodge 2500HD Diesel crew cab. 

randemtam
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2009-11-09 8:01 PM (#112968 - in reply to #112941)

Extreme Veteran

I have also replied to previous posts. I only own a 2 horse but I have been happy with it. It's a great trailer for the money. The one thing they really do well is user friendly features. I've been through many Shadow LQ's and I love many of the features that they have like the latches on the slant dividers. I have a straight load and I really like the butt and chest bars. I like the rumber they use on the walls. I love their full drop down windows and the fact that they let a lot of light and air into the trailers. They are always coming up with unique items in their trailers and can make you just about anything you want. There are many Shadows on the road here because the factory is in Ocala. I have never talked to a Shadow owner that was unhappy with their trailer.

Hope that helps.

upslady
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2009-11-09 8:07 PM (#112969 - in reply to #112941)

I have an 08 3 horse 7.5 LQ and am currently waiting on a 10.5 that I am having built at this time. It should be finished anyday. I think the quality has improved since the 03 when you compare the trailers being made at this time. They have made several improvements and have some features on their trailers that no one else has. I visited several of the big trailer companies who have dealers in Ocala and found the shadow trailer to give you lots of features with outstanding workmanship at a reasonable price. Definitely more bang for the buck.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)