'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
TrailMagic vs. Sundowner's Horizon II...anyone have either one of these?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-01-16 6:01 PM
3 replies, 7843 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Killrail
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2009-01-15 7:48 PM (#97590)
Subject: TrailMagic vs. Sundowner's Horizon II...anyone have either one of these?

Veteran

I would love to have a newer trailer and I am thinking about selling my classic "Spyder" dunebuggy to do so. I am stuck between the Trail Magic and the Sundowner Horizon II.
I want a 2H BP with either front tack area having 2 doors to access on either side or a rear collapsible tack. I don't want or really need a living quarters (I plan on sleeping under the stars or under the camper shell in the truck). I really don't need a dressing room either but could use a very small one for extra storage. The Horizon II has a dressing room though I am not for sure how big it is (but it looks small).
I need something small enough that can be pull by a 12 year old 1/2 ton pickup, but can carry enough weight of a 1500lb horse and possibly a 1200lb horse and tack. Though it will be used for mainly that 1 1500lb horse and his tack and extra 'camping' stuff.
Does anyone have either of these trailers? What do you like or dislike about it?
Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
jim bob
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2009-01-16 9:47 AM (#97610 - in reply to #97590)
Subject: RE: TrailMagic vs. Sundowner's Horizon II...anyone have either one of these?

Extreme Veteran

I know both model of trailers well, as our dealership sold both models at the same time interval.  However Trail Magic has been out of business for probably going on 8-10 years now.  The two trailers were actually built just several miles apart at Coleman, Oklahoma.  We still see Sundowner Horizon model trailers that are traded in from time to time.  These are great trailers, and I would have to say that they were the top steel horse trailer built, back when Sundowner was building steel trailers ('76 thru fall of '98).  They had a great paint system, and the trailers were built well with a lot of finish and detail.  We actually recently had a 97 gn model traded in that was in super condition, with an exceptional paint job. 

The Trail Magics however were an OK trailer that didn't have near the fit and finish, and especially the paint system was lacking.  The company was small, with a limited number of dealers; and just coudln't make it. 

Killrail
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2009-01-16 11:06 AM (#97615 - in reply to #97590)
Subject: RE: TrailMagic vs. Sundowner's Horizon II...anyone have either one of these?

Veteran

I like both of them...though both are hard to find for sale. Does anyone know these trailers weights (empty and loaded)?Does anyone know what years both of these models/styles were made?Like the model/style of the '97 Sundowner 2H BP slant Horizon II and the 2000 Trail Magic 2H BP. Thanks

Edited by Killrail 2009-01-16 11:10 AM
Toranoda
Reg. Nov 2007
Posted 2009-01-16 6:01 PM (#97650 - in reply to #97590)

I have a 97 Sundower Horizon II 2 horse slant GN that I love.  It has been the best pulling trailer I have ever owned.  I had thought about trading up but this trailer looks almost as good as new ones and I have it set up just for me so always change my mind about trading.I don't know if Sundowner made any more Horizon IIs after 97 but then I really haven't looked to hard.  Good luck on find the right trailer for you.  I know I have the one for me and guess it will the for a while to come.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)