'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Poll Wall covering suggestions

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-11-28 10:19 PM
3 replies, 3884 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

racesarabhorses
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2008-11-27 7:53 PM (#95438)
Subject: Wall covering suggestions

Veteran

I have a 2002 Silver Star and placed foamboard insulation between the wall braces a couple years ago.  The insulation is not sufficient to keep me warm at night.

My thought is that the wall braces need to be covered and that there should be about 1/4" to 1/2" gap between the wall covering and the face of the insulation, which is not as thick as the wall braces.  Typically I'll awake after a night's sleep with ice on the metal braces...

What can I cover the walls with?  I need something very light weight, but non-porous enough to all the insulation to do its job correctly (it is SUPPOSED to have the air gap I mention above).  I don't want to drill into the wall bracing since I plan to have LQ professionally installed one day, so will need a material light enough that it can be held with industrial-strength velcro.  :-)  Yes, I'm being a little unconventional in my approach.  Industrial strength velcro will work... just need to find suitable wall covering.  Prefer to NOT use outdoor-use plywood or anything intended for outdoor use.  Want to use some sort of healthy indoor covering.  Plywood is made with formaldehyde, and I'm not gonna breathe in toxic air all night.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Mike

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2008-11-28 8:26 AM (#95443 - in reply to #95438)
Subject: RE: Wall covering suggestions

Elite Veteran

It could be a royal PITB but you could make thin, lightweight frames and cover them with some sort of attractive fabric, faux leather or even the padded vinyl they sell in some fabric stores. You could stretch this over a foam of some sort that you have stapled to the frames. Think canvas stretched over a picture frame. Then you can put your velcro on the back of the frame and velcro it to the braces. You might even find some quilted fabric you like. I happen to think the velcro is a very intriguing idea.
racesarabhorses
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2008-11-28 11:52 AM (#95447 - in reply to #95443)

Veteran

Thank you, Terri.  This sounds like a pretty good idea.  I hate to put even more foam in the trailer (I think the stuff nasty, and will be putting in healthier insulation in the future), but it may get me through a couple of winters.  Main issue is that the bracing needs to be covered and isolated from the space I'm trying to keep warm.

Mike

terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2008-11-28 10:19 PM (#95457 - in reply to #95438)

Elite Veteran

I didn't mean more foam insulation, but there is some vinyl that comes with a thin layer of foam backing, such as you would re-cover card tables with. I was thinking this would give the vinyl a little more body and be easier to attach to the frames. I'll be interested in hearing what you decide.

I would do something similar but am really trying to decide how much if any money to put into a trailer that is a little smaller than what I really need. Anyone want a nice 2H SL GN????

Edited by terri s 2008-11-28 10:21 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software