'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Cordell Hull Lake trails near Nashville TN

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-11-17 11:16 AM
3 replies, 4777 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Hillview
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2008-11-13 8:54 PM (#94861)
Subject: Cordell Hull Lake trails near Nashville TN

Veteran

Hi - I'm on the hunt for new trails (well, new to me) around the Nashville, TN area. Has anyone riddent at Cordell Hull Lake trails? Their web site says they have camping and 22 miles of trail. I'm about 1.5 hours away from there. I'm wondering if I should just day ride or go for the whole weekend. If I camp, I'd have to repeat trail, but that's OK. I'm looking for some new trails near me. With hunting season, my favorite place is closed down. I'm trying not to get bored with what I have left.

Any info on the camping ground and trail terrain would be appreciated. I'd also like to know if these are multi-use trails. Their web site didn't say or I missed it.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
brushycreekranch
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2008-11-14 9:15 AM (#94873 - in reply to #94861)
Subject: RE: Cordell Hull Lake trails near Nashville TN

I have not ridden that area in about 6 years. But the last time I did ride it, it was the same as it was back in the early 80's when I rode it several times a year. There were several places to camp that were primitive horsecamps with hitching rails. One was in Granville, right as you turned off the blacktop road. That one had NO shade to speak of. The other primitive camp is down the gravel road a few miles adjacent to the boat ramp parking. There was also a small privately owned camp with electric and water hookups.  Up on the hill across from the main primitive horsecamp there was a house that had a bar/saloon  with pool table. This was a local watering spot. Several times over the years, trucks have rolled down the hill into the horsecamp. We use to take the boat up in the summer so we could ride in the morning and ski in the late afternoon. The trails are hilly with some pretty steep grades that are very slick when wet. Part of the trail comes out on a gravel road for a couple of miles. Alot of the trail is around the lake. There was a marina up by the blacktop that served good fish. Like I said, it has been a few years so there may be more trails  and amenities in the camps that I am not aware of.
trailride4fun
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2008-11-14 2:03 PM (#94891 - in reply to #94861)

Land Between the Lakes is only 1-1/2 -2 hour drive from Nashville and the campground is very nice and level. Some campsites have water, electricity and sewer, others just electricity. There is lots and lots of riding, many marked trails and more trails that are not marked. We live 17 miles north of Nashville and  can get there in 1-1/2 hour. Take I-24 west and turn left on the Cadiz exit - very easy drive. This time of year you won't need reservations. But you will need health papers for your horse since you will be entering KY. (we have not ever been checked - but always get heatlh papers just in case)
JacciB
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2008-11-17 11:16 AM (#94996 - in reply to #94861)

Extreme Veteran

You may want to check out Long C Trails in Westmoreland, TN.  Here is a link to their website:

http://www.longctrails.com/

They are closed in December & January.  They do have a benefit ride going on November 22nd.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)