'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
A year into the remodel and I have a few ??'s

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-08-20 7:38 PM
3 replies, 2588 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

jetgetset
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2008-08-19 10:29 PM (#90003)
Subject: A year into the remodel and I have a few ??'s

I'm almost a stinking year into this project and just now have the end in sight.. Nothing went untouched! It's a mid 90's weekend package and was pretty "dated" looking with the cheap wood paneling and what not. So of course I had to dive head first into a project I had NO IDEA would be so time consuming and lead to so much unseen work.. But now the end is in sight and nothing has been left untouched! I covered the walls in a faux tan tooled leather and painted all the trim a dark chocolate brown. Used "antique" looking celing tiles on the celeing and underside of cabinets, Ran accent lighting all along the walls, replaced the floor right down to the aluminum (which was two floors that I didn't know of because of a HUGE water leak at one time) replaced all the plumbing, shower walls, you name it!! It's been VERY EXPENSIVE to say the least! Now this is my first LQ so this may seem like a dumb question.. But the step and area right under where you crawl up into the goose to go to bed I was going to do in the same leather as the walls, but got to thinking that it may be to much of a "High Traffic area" to use that there.. With all the bumping into it, sliding your feet down it and so on, would I be ahead to use the "tin" in that area to cut down on wear on the leather? I just don't want to do this twice!Thanks in Advance
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2008-08-20 6:10 AM (#90009 - in reply to #90003)
Subject: RE: A year into the remodel and I have a few ??'s

Expert

I have wall papered/soft walls, that wall in past trailers and had good luck, but I also had two very easy to reach steps. I would use the leather if you are going to have an easy way to get up and down. I wouldn't use it if you think you are going to be "feeling" with your feet for the step.

On a side note, we owned/stood Two T Easter Sailwin, 1993 Congress Reining Champion. 

jetgetset
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2008-08-20 6:39 PM (#90068 - in reply to #90003)

Was he the black EG son that went to NE?? Thanks for the info! The step is kind of a BIG STEP, crawl up process so it's going to get a good bit of wear
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2008-08-20 7:38 PM (#90076 - in reply to #90003)

Expert

No he was a gray Easter King son, we bought him from some folks in Indiana. He passed a couple years ago from complcations of lung infection.

Two T Easter Sailwin
    1993 NRHA Super Stakes Open Res. Champion
    1993 AQHA Congress Jr. Reining Champion
    1995 AQHA Congress Sr. Reining Res. Champ

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format