'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
favorite trailer feature

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-08-24 6:53 PM
38 replies, 9997 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2007-08-02 10:29 PM (#64972 - in reply to #64963)
Subject: RE: favorite trailer feature

Expert

Head hunter I also have a new Logan XT Platinum version.

I like the Drop down windows on ALL window, Head and Butt

Built in 30 gallon horse water tank.

Awning & Electric jack

Lots of Lights,  Load lights, lights on both sides  and up under the GN.

Managers and Storage under managers.

Escape door in 1st stall. I use the first stall as a Mud room in bad weather.

HITies that I added to the trailer.

Things I dislike about it.

Saddle rack is set low for shorter people to get saddles on. This leaves the bottom or 4th saddle almost right on the floor. I'd love the option to raise the saddle rack a foot higher. Plenty of room above to lift it.  And a tall person like could easily reach it.

It's heavy. Loaded with 4 horses, gear etc it's 16,000lbs

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
heritagelanefarm
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2007-08-03 6:52 AM (#64991 - in reply to #64702)

Veteran

There are several things I love about my trailer. First, it is extra tall and wide (7'6" tall, and I forgot the width.) I find this provides great air circulation on hot days, and a more inviting opening for the horses. It is a gooseneck straight load, and I had a bus window with a screen added in front of each horse. The dressing room also has a top vent, side bus windows, as well as one on the dressing room door. With all of these open, it provides nice indirect air flow to the front of the horses. Of course, I also have side and rear bus windows for the horses and overhead vents.

Brenda

TXAggie
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2007-08-15 1:36 PM (#65893 - in reply to #64702)
Subject: RE: favorite trailer features

2005 Dream Coach, Silver Edition, 2+1 straight load gooseneck.

Insulated horse stall area (keeps the horses cooler in the summer & warmer in the winter); rumber flooring (easy to power wash after trips, no mats to lift, great traction); 4 built in fans (keeps air moving when parked, just wish I had a power hookup from the truck so I could run them while driving instead of just off the batteries); loading lights (2 pointing rearward plus one on passenger side @ rear pointing forward to illuminate the whole side of trailer); lighted grab handles at dressing room door & escape door on curb side (looks neat at night, easy to ID our trailer and makes getting in/out easier - something to grab hold of);  fold down steps on DR & escape door (makes getting in and out easier); 8 ft 'box stall area for extra storage space in front of the horse stalls (can load extra hay, grain, saddles, space for camp stove, generator, and even the ATV!); electric/hydraulic jack (what a back saver); 8 foot dressing room (lots of space to spread out, should have made it 10' so I would have more room when it's converted to LQ); removable saddle rack with adjustable racks (racks adjust so I can put stuff under the saddles or stack 2 saddles on one rack, etc); added 48 gal water tank (lots of water for the horses & people); 8 ft wide (those extra 6 inches in trailer width make a lot of difference in the DR, and horses have a bit more room to move about in the stalls); LED running & brake lights (very bright without drawing a lot of power from the truck); two part ' Dutch' doors at head of horse area (makes getting to the horses easier and ensures that they don't try to bolt forward when you open the upper bar door part, while the lower solid door keeps the extra stuff stored in the 'box stall' area from sliding under their feet) also the doors are hinged on the left side (looking forward) so both doors are functional to unload the horses down the side ramp if needed [some dealers hinge both doors from the center post so the curbside door is not useable for unloading the left horse using the streetside side ramp]; 5' wide side ramp (can load the ATV after the horses, great for going in/out of horse area without disturbing the horses, can remove wet gear without going into DR, etc); Pass thru door with window to horse area (easy in/out of DR when raining, or to check horses); extra windows in DR (added windows on each side for future LQ conversion); rooftop A/C (makes those hot days and nights bearable); windows on rear panels above rear ramp (allows for more air flow while driving without latching the panels open); V gooseneck nose (less drag & stainless steel makes cleaning off the dead bugs easier); spare tire under gooseneck (out of the way, yet convenient to get at); locks on the latches (makes it nice to use just one key to lock the trailer when on the trail or in storage); night lights outside the DR & escape doors (you can see at night without illuminating the entire area); and finally I love the overall quality of the construction and welds of this trailer! 

Dream Coach added a 5" wide U channel on the front wall of the gooseneck beside the jack which sticks out about 9" or so.  I thought it was a mistake & someone forgot to cut off the end of an under carriage support.  However, I use that 'step' every time I have to crawl into the bed of the truck to hook up or get something out of the back.  I've never seen anything like it on any other trailer, before or since. http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/get-attachment.asp?attachmentid=112

love/hate the 7200 # axles - love the extra weight carrying capacity, hate the squeal when brakes are applied.

To see some pics, search for Dream Coach. or http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/thread-view.asp?threadid=4127

Steve

terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2007-08-16 9:13 AM (#65942 - in reply to #64702)

Elite Veteran

1997 Liberty Softouch. My favorite feature is that it's paid for!
longearsrule
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2007-08-16 11:30 AM (#65951 - in reply to #65893)

Extreme Veteran

Originally written by TXAggie on 2007-08-15 1:36 PM

Dream Coach added a 5" wide U channel on the front wall of the gooseneck beside the jack which sticks out about 9" or so.  I thought it was a mistake & someone forgot to cut off the end of an under carriage support.  However, I use that 'step' every time I have to crawl into the bed of the truck to hook up or get something out of the back.  I've never seen anything like it on any other trailer, before or since.

I would almost bet that is a support for a battery box, or shelf for propane bottles to sit on.

Edited by longearsrule 2007-08-16 11:33 AM
jmprgirl
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-08-16 3:46 PM (#65956 - in reply to #64960)

overit 2007 We heard that last year after congress when everyone in the office left(GM, production, purchasing, sales). I got rid of mine( less than one year old) It was starting to rust and I didn't want to get stuck with a trailer that I couldn't get fixed. But I think they are still their.

Edited by jmprgirl 2007-08-16 4:08 PM
3Turns'Nhome
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2007-08-19 1:09 PM (#66109 - in reply to #64702)

I love everything about our Stidham trailer! The absolute BEST in quality. It has a hay pod for covered hay storage and also a hay rack in front of that for the portable panels. Has side tack and rear tack and mangers. The swing out escape door also has manger storage. There is so much storage in this trailer. It also has werm flooring. I like the fact that everything LOCKS on this trailer, all the windows, doors, hydr. jack, etc. I feel more secure when it is left at an arena. I am sold on Stidham and will never own anything else.
whoaboy
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-08-20 4:02 PM (#66164 - in reply to #64702)

Regular

Kiefer Built, 2 horse straight load with mangers. Favorite things drop down windows, camper door with screen in dressing room plus 2 windows in tack room and best of all, slide in/out saddle racks under the mangers in the tack room.
Paints
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2007-08-21 10:14 AM (#66190 - in reply to #64702)

Veteran

Sundowner Siesta has Larger/bigger windows great escape but more for air flow while camping/sleeping.Not many lqs trailers have bigger windows.Even though we have ac and generator we love fresh air w/larger windows was GREAT plus we looked for.Also has alot options we use in less amount floor space etc.

The screen door love leaving door open for air etc.

Paid for and will last many years is quality made trailer.

headhunter
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2007-08-21 3:49 PM (#66204 - in reply to #66190)

Elite Veteran

I have always thought Sundowner had a good design with those louvered windows in the gooseneck/sleeping area of LQ trailers.  I have sliding windows, and I bet the airflow is better with the louvers, and you would still get air in when the blinds are down (as they usually are when you are sleeping).
mshal
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-08-23 9:17 PM (#66381 - in reply to #65893)

Regular

I think your "step" is the rack for your gas tanks when you do the conversion!
Dawnya
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2007-08-23 10:11 PM (#66383 - in reply to #64702)

Extreme Veteran

My Silver Star:
fully insulated ceiling - tip to tail
large drop downs
swing out saddle rack.   But most of all the outside water spigot to water and wash and the horses off!  My trailer is the community wash rack.

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-08-23 10:41 PM (#66384 - in reply to #66383)

Expert

I bet this gets another negative Exiss thread going,so,here goes.

Our Exiss Event 3H 12'SW with LQ by Sierra.Double hydraulic jacks,dropdown windows with handles to keep short people from knocking their heads off when they are lowered,bars on windows (if that sounds minor you haven't  had an expensive trailer with windows either up,or down and completely open.)Collapsible rear tack,easy slam latches that are simple to work,insulated walls in horse area,stud divider,camper step at escape door.Mangers with lighted storage beneath.

The best part is the LQ.The trailer is 8'W,7'6" tall.We have a built in flat screen TV,and a pullout one in the GN area.A large upholstered sofa,and 2 huge closets,one besides the 6Cuft refrigerator/freezer,and one in the bathroom.The lights come on in them when the doors are opened.Another smaller hanging closet is below the TV.There are lots of beautiful oak cabinets.A real vanity and sink that you can stand at with room,not wedged in behind the toilet.Radial shower with skylight.(Good for getting scratched by tree limbs,incidentally.)Ducted air.Several levels of lighting,above the window valances,spotlights in the GN area,and overhead lights in bath and living.We added a really nice feature: a MAXX Air vent in the bathroom with variable speed control.The best feature of all is: I can sit up in the GN bed without knocking myself out on the ceiling as I almost did in our Platinum before.Unless you've done this you haven't lived.Now you guys know why I say,I LOVE my Exiss.

THis sounds too much like bragging,to me.The very best part would be  if it were paid for!!!  

Friesiancrazy
Reg. Dec 2006
Posted 2007-08-24 6:53 PM (#66419 - in reply to #64702)

Everything!! We just got our custom built 2008 Keifer Evolution with 9' LQ, 4 horse slant, 7'6" tall 8' wide, stud wall, drop downs both sides with drop down bars also, air flow dividers, 2 step awning, rumbar floor, dinette, beautiful LQ conversion, mangers with storage, padding on all dividers, escape door, Diamond plate that lines the lower part of trailer to protect it as well as Diamond plate accents elsewhere, stainless nose, electric jack, rear tack, etc, etc. It is just an awesome trailer!!!! Keifer did a beautiful job!!! And so did Conversions LLC.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)