'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Did Sundowner shut the doors?
[Frozen]

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-08-09 12:01 PM
35 replies, 8902 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh Frozen
Message format

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-08-08 8:44 PM (#89341 - in reply to #89310)
Subject: RE: Did Sundowner shut the doors?

Expert

Originally written by PaulChristenson on 2008-08-08 4:10 PM

Originally written by crowleysridgegirl on 2008-08-08 4:25 PM

Originally written by PaulChristenson on 2008-08-07 3:04 PM

Originally written by Judy K on 2008-08-07 1:55 PM

Would it be anyone's guess that this has to do with today's unease with our economy?9

Yep...8 years of bad policy decisions can hurt even the best of economies...

You ain't seen nothing yet,buddie!!!

During the Final Debate between Carter and Reagan...

In his final statement, Reagan delivered a knockout punch: "Are you better off than you were four years ago? Is there more or less unemployment...than there was four years ago?" Reagan's rhetorical questions, carefully rehearsed but delivered with his characteristic power, pierced Carter's presidency and helped cement Reagan's legacy as the Great Communicator. "Certainly no one remembers what the hell Carter said that night," says Rick Shenkman, a presidential historian at George Mason University. "It was Reagan's debate." A week later, it was Reagan's election.

Well, The rhetorical question is, is anyone on this forum better off NOW than they were four years ago?

H,YAH,I am! I'm still alive after going through breast cancer treatment!!!

Sorry Paul,but,that's the gospel truth,and,I couldn't resist.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
notfromtexas
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2008-08-08 10:25 PM (#89344 - in reply to #89197)

Veteran

Farmbabe-where are you getting the statement that Barrack Obama was raised Muslim?  Because it isn't true. And even if it was, quite frankly, who cares?  If religion matters to you he is a Christian. I could care less if someone is Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, whatever.  It's one's actions that speak the loudest.  I know some people who go to church every week and yet are the meanest, cruelest, most "unchristian" individuals.  And others that haven't touched a church step in years but by their actions lead lives of giving and grace.  I have a friend who is Hindu and recently donated blood marrow to a total stranger.  So anyway, if you would like your facts checked, please visit:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

Gone
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2008-08-08 11:06 PM (#89347 - in reply to #89197)

Elite Veteran

Anyone care for a virtual glass of Merlot, lager, sweet tea? Whatever your taste.........
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2008-08-09 1:13 AM (#89350 - in reply to #89341)

Expert

Originally written by crowleysridgegirl on 2008-08-08 9:44 PM

Originally written by PaulChristenson on 2008-08-08 4:10 PM

Originally written by crowleysridgegirl on 2008-08-08 4:25 PM

Originally written by PaulChristenson on 2008-08-07 3:04 PM

Originally written by Judy K on 2008-08-07 1:55 PM

Would it be anyone's guess that this has to do with today's unease with our economy?9

Yep...8 years of bad policy decisions can hurt even the best of economies...

You ain't seen nothing yet,buddie!!!

During the Final Debate between Carter and Reagan...

In his final statement, Reagan delivered a knockout punch: "Are you better off than you were four years ago? Is there more or less unemployment...than there was four years ago?" Reagan's rhetorical questions, carefully rehearsed but delivered with his characteristic power, pierced Carter's presidency and helped cement Reagan's legacy as the Great Communicator. "Certainly no one remembers what the hell Carter said that night," says Rick Shenkman, a presidential historian at George Mason University. "It was Reagan's debate." A week later, it was Reagan's election.

Well, The rhetorical question is, is anyone on this forum better off NOW than they were four years ago?

H,YAH,I am! I'm still alive after going through breast cancer treatment!!!

Sorry Paul,but,that's the gospel truth,and,I couldn't resist.

Can't argue with that...Oorah!!!

I definitely agree YOU are better off...

PLEASE KEEP IT THAT WAY!!!

farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2008-08-09 6:48 AM (#89360 - in reply to #89344)

Expert

Originally written by notfromtexas on 2008-08-08 10:25 PM

Farmbabe-where are you getting the statement that Barrack Obama was raised Muslim?  Because it isn't true. And even if it was, quite frankly, who cares?  If religion matters to you he is a Christian. I could care less if someone is Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, whatever.  It's one's actions that speak the loudest.  I know some people who go to church every week and yet are the meanest, cruelest, most "unchristian" individuals.  And others that haven't touched a church step in years but by their actions lead lives of giving and grace.  I have a friend who is Hindu and recently donated blood marrow to a total stranger.  So anyway, if you would like your facts checked, please visit:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

I respectfully suggest you get your information striaght

http://www.insightmag.com/Media/MediaManager/Obama_2.htm

http://www.commonvoice.com/article.asp?colid=6578

http://frum.nationalreview.com/post/?q=M2FkNjRiOGMwY2I3OTc1ZThkY2E2MmEzYmUxNzdhY2Q=

http://www.danielpipes.org/article/5286

http://ginacobb.typepad.com/gina_cobb/2008/05/was-obama-raise.html

And yes it does matter........by their own actions muslims do not like us. They have a reputation of killing us. I do not want MY PRESIDENT assocaited with a blood thirsty regilion whos own stated goal is to rid the world of infidels. So please spare me.......

Of course this has nothing to do with the closing of SD.Its unfortunate when a company has to close but it happens for many,many reasons. Lets hope the people involved can pick up the pieces and move on.

This country is great not because of its government but because of it people- good, strong hardworking amercians with a love of freedom, know and understand this country is great and will work to protect it everyday. This country, warts and all ,is worth fighting for, worth dying for. I do not want a president who thinks there is something fundamantally wrong with this country. I do not want a president who wants to punish those who work and pay the taxes. I do not want a president who doesn think its worth fighting to protect freedom. I do not want a president who sides with our muslim enemies.

Edited by farmbabe 2008-08-09 6:51 AM
Pleasure Man
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2008-08-09 8:03 AM (#89364 - in reply to #89360)

Amen!  Our liberal media, especially the Communist News Network, works hard to keep the millions of anti-Obama faces and voices hidden.  By manipulating citizen's feelings regarding Bush, they strive for everybody to EMBRACE Obama's change theology...  I just dread the resurrection of Democratic social programs!  That I'm going to have to go to work to pay for!!!!
Tx. Vaquero
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2008-08-09 8:46 AM (#89366 - in reply to #89364)

and to Notfromtexas, frankly I cannot imagine anyone NOT caring--- careful or you're going to make me use that "L" word again and get another butt chewing from Dave.

awalters
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-08-09 9:31 AM (#89369 - in reply to #89197)

Well, I shouldn't jump into this but I guess since I don’t start work for another 4 hours, I have the time. Sundowner family and friends, I wish the best of luck to them in their future. Now the Obama gig....so regardless of who you voted for or why you voted for them, there is one overall thing we must keep in mind. If Obama,Clinton, McCain, or a trained chimpanzee took office, it doesn't mean their religious and or personal background can or will automatically affect their term as president. However it is not to say it won’t. In reality , as some people have stated, this country is run by the people.It is the people who wake up everyday, go to work, make the money,spend the money, and keep the economy going.It is the people who fight the fight and win the war so that we can walk outside of our doors safely everyday. I will admit, that Obama possibly or surely being a Muslim scares the heck out of a lot of people, and thats fine.But also keep in mind, that the United States as well as MANY other countries, are home to terrorist cells and other anti-American groups (not necessarily fanatical Muslims as some article state that Obama is). Domestic terrorism is nothing new, and I have to be honest when I say, I think its gotten worse over the years. Homegrown terrorism runs on many streets in our own backyard and in our neighborhoods, and is well hidden due to complacency. Regardless of who takes office,it will be up to the people of this country to make sound and ample decisions about where we are headed in the future.So in conclusion, lets keep in mind that 9/11 wasn't caused by “the MIddle East”, or Muslims, or Arabs. It was caused by well educated, meticulous and highly fanatical religious individuals that have no regard for human life. Lets also remember that there are barrel racers, bull riders, pole benders and other horse (and trailer) owners thats are either Muslim or of Muslim background, and that we should respect the fact that they do the same things we do everyday and deserve the same respect.
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2008-08-09 10:20 AM (#89373 - in reply to #89369)

Expert

Originally written by awalters on 2008-08-09 9:31 AM
So in conclusion, lets keep in mind that 9/11 wasn't caused by “the MIddle East”, or Muslims, or Arabs. It was caused by well educated, meticulous and highly fanatical religious individuals that have no regard for human life.

Sorry to have to call BS on this statement, but it was "Muslims" with "Arab" backgrounds from the "Middle East", that flew those planes into those buildings, you can either believe that, or you can stick your head in their sand. If they don't want me looking at them with a little caution they go back over there and leave me alone. Sorry I have to be that way, but I am.

I spent 4 years in the Marines, I got a chance to see them a little closer than most. So my thinking is not unfounded.

farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2008-08-09 10:25 AM (#89375 - in reply to #89197)

Expert

".So in conclusion, lets keep in mind that 9/11 wasn't caused by “the MIddle East”, or Muslims, or Arabs. It was caused by well educated, meticulous and highly fanatical religious individuals that have no regard for human life. "

Correct me if I am wrong BUt 9/11 was caused because 19 middle eastern muslim men ,trained and financed by MUSLIM TERRORIST Bin laden, when they plowed three american airplanes full of US Citizens into buliding and the ground ( BTW 3000 people died because of 19 MUSLIM TERRORISTS)...these weren't irishment,mexicans,or Italian catholics- they were IN FACT MUSLIM TERRORIST who were "well educated, meticulous and highly fanatical religious individuals that have no regard for human life. "

And let me remind you while there are terrorist cells in this country, MUSLIM TERRORIST CELLS, we have not had a MUSLIM terrorist action taken against this country since the war was started by a MUSLIM TERRORIST.Wanna get out of IRAQ? WIN THE WAR>!

DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2008-08-09 12:01 PM (#89380 - in reply to #89375)

Elite Veteran

Thanks everyone for their input, I think we covered both sides of the issue  . . . as well as discussed the economy and SD.     I don't mind OT threads but I don't want any feelings hurt for the sake of free speech.  Good exchange though.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)