'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Best chip for an '05 chevy duramax?

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-03-31 1:16 AM
30 replies, 7524 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

chadsalt
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2009-02-10 3:35 PM (#99182 - in reply to #99180)
Subject: RE: Best chip for an '05 chevy duramax?

Expert

Originally written by gard on 2009-02-10 3:16 PM

Some people read about things and without personal knowledge, form conclusions about what is best for others to follow.

Some people have actual information gleaned from hands on personal experiences, and are willing to relate what the results of their efforts have been.

Both express their opinions. I choose to give far greater credence to the latter.

Gard

Originally written by hogtownboss on 2009-02-10 3:30 PM

chadsalt, YES, I did read it and my reply is from what I have used and what actually works! If the manufacture would remove some of the limites they put in the trucks from the factory and increase the air intake and exhaust flow, more people would be happy and less people would have warranty related issues from insatlling aftermarket parts that they have no clue how it works or how it could mess up their engine.

You guys crack me up. 

Edited by chadsalt 2009-02-10 3:38 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chadsalt
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2009-02-10 3:51 PM (#99184 - in reply to #99181)

Expert

Originally written by hogtownboss on 2009-02-10 3:30 PM

chadsalt, YES, I did read it and my reply is from what I have used and what actually works! If the manufacture would remove some of the limites they put in the trucks from the factory and increase the air intake and exhaust flow, more people would be happy and less people would have warranty related issues from insatlling aftermarket parts that they have no clue how it works or how it could mess up their engine.

So I guess I dont understand.  Ive posted my opinion gathered from the web and people I know who use these products.  I pointed the OP to the site where there are thousands of guys running these parts and can answer any question.  And you keep coming back with your (one person) hands on experiences.

What exactly do you want?  Are you trying to change my mind?  Do you feel your experiences will not be verified if the OP does their own research?  Do you just want to argue?  Thank you, but Im not interested in your experiences.  Are we done now?

hogtownboss
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2009-02-10 10:24 PM (#99212 - in reply to #99184)

Expert

Well that is totally up to you.  If we are, then we can get back to the original post!  I did not see anything on here about people wanting to argue.  It seams like you are the one who likes to strike up the arguements on this forum.  If you step back and look, it does not matter what a couple of people post you ALWAYS have something to bash or bad to say about them or their ideas.

No, I am not trying to change your mind....  The last deal I just pointed out facts about the larger exhaust on turbo diesel engines, you stated that running larger exhaust could hurt the "low end power" and I stated that it will NOT hurt it at all it only helps these engines, but it will affect the non turbo engines.! 

chadsalt
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2009-02-11 6:54 AM (#99225 - in reply to #99212)

Expert

Originally written by hogtownboss on 2009-02-10 10:24 PM

Well that is totally up to you.  If we are, then we can get back to the original post!  I did not see anything on here about people wanting to argue.  It seams like you are the one who likes to strike up the arguements on this forum.  If you step back and look, it does not matter what a couple of people post you ALWAYS have something to bash or bad to say about them or their ideas.

No, I am not trying to change your mind....  The last deal I just pointed out facts about the larger exhaust on turbo diesel engines, you stated that running larger exhaust could hurt the "low end power" and I stated that it will NOT hurt it at all it only helps these engines, but it will affect the non turbo engines.! 

It takes two to "argue", if the other person can in any way back up there opinion,  then it is a discussion.  If you step back and look, technically the other person disagrees with me too......so what?  The difference is I dont whine and cry about being "bashed", if they disagree with me I either back my point with facts or ignore them.  Amazing.

Lets pretend someone said water is not wet, wouldnt you be likely to mention that is not correct?  People come here to learn. Now lets say someone is of the "opinion" that 1/2 ton trucks are not built to handle gooseneck hitches.  This is also clearly BS as the manufacturer gives tow ratings for GN hitches, so I mention that is nonsense.  How about claiming BP are dangerous?  Suv's cant safely tow a trailer?  See a pattern?  If you want to call that bashing, or something bad to say about them or their ideas, go ahead.  I guess some people are just more sensitive than others. 

Im more than familiar with engines, been turning wrenches since I was a kid.  I will type this one more time, slowly, so maybe youll understand;  The comment "I stated" about the exhaust was WHAT I READ.  I never stated I agree with it.  There are some strange claims on the web and other people may experience this same "feeling", just like some people "feel" they get better mpg.  It was worth mentioning.  If you dont agree, go find the guy who actually said it and talk with him.......I dont have a dog in that fight.

Reg. Dec 1899
Posted 2009-03-29 7:59 PM (#102396 - in reply to #99082)

I've put 70k on my '05 Dmax with Edge Attitude chip, 5" exhaust, KN Air Filter. I have completed extensive testing with MPG. Towing 18k, the difference between the factory setting and the tow setting (#2) is right at 0.8 MPG. The same while not towing is also reflected-.80 increase. Would this be worth the cost of the investment? No, not even close. Do I have more power? Yes, Do I drive it harder? Yes. Will it last as long? Of course not. Have I had warrenty issues? Have not had any claims. The only problems that I have had that I could associate with the chip is that in big hills, the transmission will go to default and say it was overloaded with the cruise set at 70 as the DMax tries to maintain road speed. The only other problem is the wife doesn't like the black smoke haze on the side of the trailer. I think it is kind of cool!!!
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2009-03-31 1:16 AM (#102476 - in reply to #99082)

Expert

http://bankspower.com/products/show/110/3
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World