'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Favorite Trailer brand and why.

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-10-12 7:41 PM
30 replies, 8737 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2007-10-11 1:50 PM (#69229 - in reply to #68830)
Subject: RE: Favorite Trailer brand and why.

Expert

I think I drove past the dealership your talking about in Lake City last summer. I didn't see a huge assortment on the lot at that time. I didn't get a chance to stop in but it nice to see another dealer up north. Good Luck

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Terri
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2007-10-11 8:40 PM (#69242 - in reply to #69198)

Expert

Yeah, Rollin! You can't compete with Paydfore. Mine's a Paydfore/Featherlite and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Hey!  That's the same as mine.  Except I would trade it for an aluminium trailer with a weekend package.  Mine is steel with just a dressing room.

mrstacticalmedic
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2007-10-12 11:05 AM (#69256 - in reply to #68830)

Extreme Veteran

Rollin: ours will be a Paydfor within 1-2 yrs of purchasing it.

Farmbabe:  Hey thanks for the great advice.  I went window shopping yesterday.  Decided I do not care for the Sundowners at all.  I do like the Cimmarons ALOT.  I even stopped at a featherlite dealership and they are putting together a package estimate for me with all the amenities I want. I plan on heading up to Lake City early next week just to get a gander at the Shadow trailers.  I also plan on going to Watervliet to Triple C and talk to Adam Crouch there and see what he has.  I think he has 4 star, Hawks, and Merhows there if I remember correctly. 

I also heard Robbs Trailer sales on the other side of the state has quite a few as well.  I want to check out all the different brands.  I was asking what folks liked about their favorite so I could get an idea what differences there were and what to watch for.

Hank
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2007-10-12 12:35 PM (#69263 - in reply to #69256)

Veteran

Decided I do not care for the Sundowners at all.  I do like the Cimmarons ALOT. 

Please let me know what you didn't like about the Sundowners.  We were going to be looking at them next - maybe you can save us a trip.  I'm liking the Cimmarons too.  Nice.

Didya try Prices Trailer?  They're on your side of the pond.

mrstacticalmedic
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2007-10-12 12:59 PM (#69267 - in reply to #68830)

Extreme Veteran

I forgot about Prices.  They usually have a decent selection.

About the sundowners, I didn't care for the decor inside, very cheap and cheesy looking.  The leather/vinyl trim on the walls was just too much for me.  The decor was definitely lower end.  If you look inside the Cimmarons you will see a much nicer trim, the same with the 4 stars and Featherlites I looked at.  I also didn't like the layout, seemed cramped too me, even with the slide out.  I also prefer All aluminum vs aluminum skin such as the sundowners offer.  I thought the Cimmarons had a bit more head room in the bunk area as well vs the sundowners.   But to each their own.  My tastes may not be the same as yours.  But to me it was lower grade materials and cheesy.

ANP
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-10-12 7:41 PM (#69281 - in reply to #68830)

I just made the big trailer decision.  I spent a long time doing my homework and finally purchased a Keifer Built Stock Combo (3 horse slant).  I've had it for 1 month and so far, so good.  I do not camp for long periods of time..just a night or two so the dressing area is plenty for me.  I have always pulled bumper pull trailers but absolutely love the gooseneck.  The stock option gives me more options as I use the trailer for other stock on occasion.  The step into the trailer is slightly higher than my old trailer and my horses had to "think" the first time...now no big deal!  Also trailer is alum.  I also put a collapsable saddle tree in so when camping just drop that down and have extra room. 
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)