'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Tell me about Robbers Cave in OK

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-05-14 10:56 AM
2 replies, 3206 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

barrelsnpcs
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2008-05-07 9:29 PM (#83463)
Subject: Tell me about Robbers Cave in OK

Veteran

I'm thinking about going to Robber's Cave with friends that have children. Tell me about the park. Are the campsites easy to pull in, paved, have clean bathhouses, etc?  Is the equestrian campground away from the park? What about the trails, are they extremely rocky, and is there any sandy areas or sandy trails to ride on?

Edited by barrelsnpcs 2008-05-07 9:33 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
flyinghfarm
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2008-05-07 10:02 PM (#83465 - in reply to #83463)
Subject: RE: Tell me about Robbers Cave in OK

Expert

I camped with friends privately at Clayton OK, and we trailered over there and rode.  Can't help ya on the campground.  Didn't see anything like sandy trails, much more rocky than not where we rode, it was great...
oklahoma horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2008-05-14 10:56 AM (#83940 - in reply to #83463)
Subject: RE: Tell me about Robbers Cave in OK

Regular

I love riding there! There is only one pull through campsite. If you can back in, there are several large enough to accommodate a big rig. The sites are graveled. The bathhouses are kept clean by the park employees (but bring your showershoes!) There are picket poles (I usually bring my electric pen set.) The equestrian camp is just down the road from the park - complete with swimming pool, kyaks, paddleboats, canoes and a lake swim beach. The restaurant in the park should be open by now. The trails close to the park on the state park side are very rocky. The further away you get from the camp, particularly on the wildlife management side - the trails are sandy. I would recommend your horse be shod if you aren't conditioned to the barefoot thing. On some weekends, the camp is rented out for different rides so I would definitely get reservations or at least call ahead of time to check that the camp is available. In October, the Wildlife Management side closes to hunting season (boo hoo!) You have to bag your manure too so bring those extra large garbage bags!

Edited by oklahoma horse 2008-05-14 10:57 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)