'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
'Easy-slide' from Shadow Trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-02-13 10:03 PM
2 replies, 3568 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

driver
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2008-02-12 4:38 PM (#76735)
Subject: 'Easy-slide' from Shadow Trailers

Has anyone seen the new 'Easy-slide' from Shadow? We were at the Dixie National, and Lewis Trailer Sales had a 3 horse with 8.5' Living Quarter with this new slide-out that works without an electric motor. Looks and works great- basically, you just pull a lever and the slide-out (which has the sofa) pushes out, or will pull itself in, even when you are sitting on it. People were all over the trailer. Also, Shadow has these new drop down windows on the butt wall- 19"x 53", the largest I had ever seen.

All in all, I think that is where what we will end up with. The price was right, too. (less than $40k). Trailer at the show sold, but we are getting quotes for another.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
randemtam
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2008-02-13 6:27 PM (#76808 - in reply to #76735)
Subject: RE: 'Easy-slide' from Shadow Trailers

Extreme Veteran

When I went to the Shadow dealership in Ocala to pick up the 2 horse I bought, I had a tour of the LQ trailers they had on the lot. The salesman demonstrated the new slide out without the motor but he seemed to have to work at it just a touch more than pulling (or pushing) a lever. Shadow's thing seems to always be trying to get the weight down in the trailer and removing the motor on the slide seems to help do that. I'm not sure if I am for or against it as I would have to see it demonstrated again and try it for myself. He did also show me the drop down butt windows which I really liked as they were nice and wide. I know a person or two who are happy with their Shadow LQ's. They also have a nice design for their saddle racks as they can be taken off and moved so you can eliminate the need for extra racks at a show. Very innovative.
Good luck with your new trailer.
brushycreekranch
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2008-02-13 10:03 PM (#76823 - in reply to #76735)
Subject: RE: 'Easy-slide' from Shadow Trailers

The shadow LQ that I walked thru at the Congress only slide out about 10 inches. Both of the slide out LQ trailers that I have personally owned slid out at least 3 times that.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)