'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Dodge - Power Source Oopsie!!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-02-04 9:36 PM
2 replies, 2575 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Mandi/Abby
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2008-02-04 10:39 AM (#76024)
Subject: Dodge - Power Source Oopsie!!

Charter Member

I have an inverter that I use in the truck to keep my laptop charged. Being the dumbass I occasionally am, I tried plugging in my electric weedeater once (no results) and my small shop vac to clean the truck once (didn't work either).

Never through twice about it, but when I went to a barrel race a few weekends ago, I took my laptop and after my battery died (I guess because I left it in the truck below freezing temps) my inverter wouldn't work. I assumed that plugging in those items above blew it up so I bought a new one @ Home Depot.

I tried plugging it in yesterday and it didn't turn on either so I am now assuming that something is wrong in the truck. I tried all three power sources (one on the dash, one in the console and the cigarette lighter). Nothing!!

I popped the hood and looked at the fuse box. Figured out which fuse operated them and switched it with another (same size, spare)...still nothing.

Any ideas? Do I just need to take it back to Dodge?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chadsalt
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2008-02-04 11:54 AM (#76040 - in reply to #76024)
Subject: RE: Dodge - Power Source Oopsie!!

Expert

Just start checking ALL the fuses.  Ive seen some strange things happen in fuse boxes over the years,  mislabeled fuses is one of them.
Mandi/Abby
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2008-02-04 9:36 PM (#76074 - in reply to #76024)
Subject: RE: Dodge - Power Source Oopsie!!

Charter Member

THANKFULLY before I took it to the dealership and looked like a TOTAL FOOL, I tried the new inverter once again. While fooling with it, I decided to press AND HOLD the power button (kinda like you would to turn OFF a computer) and poof...it turned ON.

Yipee!!! I didn't break anything - at least not anything that matters much.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)