'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Rich M - You have a Double D??

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-02-13 4:56 PM
2 replies, 2483 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Dwight
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2007-02-13 9:04 AM (#55478)
Subject: Rich M - You have a Double D??

Extreme Veteran

Rich M  -  I think I saw in another post that you have a Double D trailer.  I would really like to know your opinion on it.   I have been researching different trailers and am really intrigued by their "tack around" saddle area.   Of course it will be a few more years until I save up enough pennies to actually purchase one, but I am definitely looking at the Double D.   I have very specific wants for my LQ and it sounds like they will work with me.   What do you think?   Are you happy with yours?

Of course, anyone else is welcome to chime in as well!!!

RIDE ON!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rich M.
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2007-02-13 1:42 PM (#55491 - in reply to #55478)
Subject: RE: Rich M - You have a Double D??

Veteran

Hello, we are very happy with our trailer. We have a straight load though so can't comment on the rear tack. We have the " Sportabout" model. I worked with them and we added a midtack, removed the half manger for full walk through, and squeezed in a full living quarters. There is not much floor space but it works well for us, besides you're supposed to be riding or lounging under the awning.It tows great and we feel it is a great value for the money. Solidly built and a great paint job, no roof leaks. The living quarters work is excellent and rivals any I've seen. A few spots in the horse area where I feel they could have cleaned up the weld spatter a little better, but nothing major ( I've found that you can pick the best of the brands to some level).Horse compartment has great airflow and they have no hesitation on loading up.I would not hesitate to buy another and they were very accomodating in shuffling plans so that we could get what we wanted without an arm and a leg for a custom trailer.Brad e-mailed me the plans before it was built and the living quarters people called to go over things to make sure we were all on the same page.They are a small operation and I think they take pride in their product and continue to improve. Hope this helps, Rich.
Dwight
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2007-02-13 4:56 PM (#55499 - in reply to #55478)
Subject: RE: Rich M - You have a Double D??

Extreme Veteran

Thanks.  I am glad to hear that you custom built yours.  That is probably what I will be doing also.  Like you, we do not need a lot of floor space.  We spend our time in the saddle or around the fire.  I need a comfy bunk, good sized fridge, microwave, lots of storage and maybe a bucket potty.  No stove...I ain't cooking, you can't make me!  And no plumbing to fool with.

Appreciate the info.

RIDE ON!

Edited by Dwight 2007-02-13 5:10 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'