'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Lakota Horse Trailers???

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-12-31 8:41 PM
2 replies, 2624 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Friesiancrazy
Reg. Dec 2006
Posted 2006-12-31 2:40 PM (#53079)
Subject: Lakota Horse Trailers???

Happy New Year everyone! This is my 1st post, but I've been reading on here for about 2 years or so now. My husband & I are really trying to do our homework on living quarters trailers before we purchase one as we all know they are quite the investment. We've looked at about 5 different brands & really like the looks, workmanship, included "options", living quarters, trailer weight, price, etc on the Lakota Trailers. We realize they are a young company, but they put out a very nice product. We've read on here before that someone said they are like the 4 Star without the big $$$. We are wondering if anyone out there owns a Lakota, how long, how is it holding up (horse area & LQ area) & any other info you can give. We would really appreciate your help. The Lakota people are very nice & very helpful with all of our questions. Thank you for your input!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
racesarabhorses
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2006-12-31 7:42 PM (#53096 - in reply to #53079)
Subject: RE: Lakota Horse Trailers???

Veteran

Heard good things about them.  My Silver Star dealer steered me toward Lakota because they build their LQ in Elkhart, IN, the LQ capitol of the world.  Having LQ of similar quality would cost me an additional $1200 or so in freight if he had it done to a Silver Star.

Anyway... that's what he said...  :-)  Heard limited things about them, but good things.

Mike

Friesiancrazy
Reg. Dec 2006
Posted 2006-12-31 8:41 PM (#53098 - in reply to #53079)
Subject: RE: Lakota Horse Trailers???

Thanks, Mike, for your response. We haven't looked at Silver Star trailers yet but have heard good things about them also. There's just something about the Lakota. We had a 4 Star 2H BP a few years back & loved it--beautiful trailer & well built. Got into some bigger horses & needed a bigger trailer + wanted a gooseneck. We now have a Sundowner Sunlite 727 shell w/drops on both sides, 3H, AC w/heat strip, water tank, 6'9"x7'6", etc, & it's a beautiful trailer but the horses are growing rapidly so need 8' wide x 7'6" tall 4H w/LQ. Hopefully, somebody out there owns a Lakota & can add to your comments. All help & comments are appreciated!! We like the idea that Lakota builds the trailer & the LQ all under 1 roof. Thank you again!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)