'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Fixing Scrap On Trailer & Dent

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-07-25 8:17 AM
2 replies, 2818 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Steph_735
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2006-07-24 9:05 PM (#45353)
Subject: Fixing Scrap On Trailer & Dent

Regular

I am about ready to shoot my horse. I had him tied to my trailer to saddle him, my trailer is brand new, i had it for like a week. And my horse pulled back, lunged forward smacking his head on the trailer leaving a baseball sized dent. My trailer is a single walled trailer. So how can i get the dent out without ruining the paint?

Also my sister borrowed my trailer to pick up her horse, i told her that she had to keep the divider shut when trailering otherwise it will flop around. Well they decided to haul with the divider tied to the side and it still ended up flopping. They left it that way for 10mins, enough time for the divider to scrape the wall. Well when i bought my trailer i was given a can of paint for stuff lilke this. So is their anything i need to do to the trailer before i spray the paint on?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-07-24 9:22 PM (#45356 - in reply to #45353)
Subject: RE: Fixing Scrap On Trailer & Dent

Expert

Originally written by Steph_735 on 2006-07-24 9:05 PM

I am about ready to shoot my horse. I had him tied to my trailer to saddle him, my trailer is brand new, i had it for like a week. And my horse pulled back, lunged forward smacking his head on the trailer leaving a baseball sized dent. My trailer is a single walled trailer. So how can i get the dent out without ruining the paint?

Also my sister borrowed my trailer to pick up her horse, i told her that she had to keep the divider shut when trailering otherwise it will flop around. Well they decided to haul with the divider tied to the side and it still ended up flopping. They left it that way for 10mins, enough time for the divider to scrape the wall. Well when i bought my trailer i was given a can of paint for stuff lilke this. So is their anything i need to do to the trailer before i spray the paint on?

It depends on a lot of things.
Steel vs aluminum, whether or not you have access from the inside of the trailer at that point, etc. Dent pulling, painting and repair IS a skilled trade, DIY'ers rarely do well at it. You'd probably be best to take it to a body shop for an estimate.
SLICKRNSNOT
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2006-07-25 8:17 AM (#45363 - in reply to #45353)
Subject: RE: Fixing Scrap On Trailer & Dent

Elite Veteran

You could try a plunger or a suction cup dent puller and see if the dent comes out with it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)