'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Toterhomes??? what do ya think about em??

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-06-25 5:58 PM
2 replies, 2929 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2006-06-25 10:32 AM (#43584)
Subject: Toterhomes??? what do ya think about em??

Elite Veteran

We toured a very nice toterhome at Golden Hills this past week. A lovely couple from Little Rock, Arkansas have a special equine edition... I was probably an 8' LQ with a 6' slideout, flatbed with GN hitch, nicely appointed but pretty tall, about 9' plus.Who can use these? show/rodeo/people with way too much money? or are they actually practical? what kind of MPG do they get?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
walkin
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-06-25 3:11 PM (#43591 - in reply to #43584)
Subject: RE: Toterhomes??? what do ya think about em??

Elite Veteran

Milage is nice , bit if you're concerned about it you need another hobby.  I have a farm lot for sale and when it sells I am planning on getting a toterhome.  PS.  My trailer now is 11' even to the top of the hay rack.
brushycreekranch
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2006-06-25 5:58 PM (#43596 - in reply to #43584)
Subject: RE: Toterhomes??? what do ya think about em??

We have trainer friends that have a Toterhome that they pull their 9 horse to the shows with. It is really nice inside but can't make the turns into some of the places we would normally stop on the road. The turning radius is affected with the back wheels of the truck being so far behind them. Another downside is they have to break "camp" just to go get dinner or go to Wallyworld. We like to sightsee and go to the local haunts so we sure like having our own wheels. I remember when we did the motorhome thing and hated being dependant on others to go places. But, I do think I would like the Toterhome thing over the motorhome thing since I much prefer pulling a gooseneck trailer than a bumper pull.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)