'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trailer Plug Connection Problem

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-06-23 12:25 PM
2 replies, 2162 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Prescott
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2006-06-23 8:26 AM (#43506)
Subject: Trailer Plug Connection Problem

New User

I have a 2005 Ford F250 with the Integrated Braking System. I pull a 2005 Bee Stinger 2 horse gooseneck. When I pull this trailer an error condition appears on the brake controller indicating "trailer disconnect" and a beeping sound comes from the controller. This only happens when I apply the brakes or put on my directional signals, and only appears for a second. The connection is good when I hook up, I get the green trailer icon lighting up. The Bee trailer brakes, lights, and the directionals work. I am able to pull other trailers without these errors appearing, so I believe the problem is with the trailer plug. I have had the plug looked at for shorts and have been told the plug is OK, but I should clean or replace the plug. Any advise you can provide will be greatly appreciated, the beeping on the controller is driving me crazy.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-06-23 8:45 AM (#43509 - in reply to #43506)
Subject: RE: Trailer Plug Connection Problem

Expert

Originally written by Prescott on 2006-06-23 8:26 AM

I have a 2005 Ford F250 with the Integrated Braking System. I pull a 2005 Bee Stinger 2 horse gooseneck. When I pull this trailer an error condition appears on the brake controller indicating "trailer disconnect" and a beeping sound comes from the controller. This only happens when I apply the brakes or put on my directional signals, and only appears for a second. The connection is good when I hook up, I get the green trailer icon lighting up. The Bee trailer brakes, lights, and the directionals work. I am able to pull other trailers without these errors appearing, so I believe the problem is with the trailer plug. I have had the plug looked at for shorts and have been told the plug is OK, but I should clean or replace the plug. Any advise you can provide will be greatly appreciated, the beeping on the controller is driving me crazy.

Hi and WELCOME to the Forum.

At a guess you have an intermittent connection. "Shorts" are likely not the problem, "Opens" might be. Cleaning the contacts might help, can't hurt, is in any case probably a good idea. If that doesn't help take the plug head apart and check all the little screws that scrunch down on the bare wire ends. Also look for corrosion, cut the wiring back and/or replace the plug if necessary.

Edited by Reg 2006-06-23 8:49 AM
robdnorm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-06-23 12:25 PM (#43519 - in reply to #43506)
Subject: RE: Trailer Plug Connection Problem

Extreme Veteran

I have had the same problem with my 06 F-250 when I pulled another man's trailer that did not have the brakes hooked up right.  The lights and turn signal would work, but the brakes did not function properly.  You might want to check to make sure you have not blown any fuses under the hood area. 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)